Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the front milk jugs off my jeep yesterday and I love the look of it. Has anyone taken the rear ones off? does it look good or does it look:9lame:?

·
Registered
551 Posts
i've done it before, i think it looks good. The rear screws are a pain to get off tho. everyone of them stripped and had to be yanked off.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I took mine off as well. They were all faded. I like the look.

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
I removed both front and back. I like the look of the front but, put them back on the rear. I wasn't crazy about the way it looked and they do serve a purpose. I figure before I back into anything they will go before my tub gets smashed. They're my early warning signals.:D

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have the milk jugs on my jeep and I hate how they look but the screws are stripped and I can't get them off. How can I take them off without wrecking my bumper?

·
Registered
551 Posts
you could either drill them out or if you can grab them with some pliers or vise grips then yank away. you wont wreck the bumper, if anything you would just scratch the jugs

·
Registered
504 Posts
So I just yank the screws out? Sorry in pretty new at this. And after I take the jugs off can I put them back on if I don't like it?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
At the worst you might need bigger screws. Its,just a piece of hard plastic with metal anchors for the,screws to grab a hold of.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ok thank you! I'll try this tomorrow and hopefully it works!

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
You can buy the flat caps to cover the ends. I think I paid around $6 for the set from a dealership.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have the milk jugs on my jeep and I hate how they look but the screws are stripped and I can't get them off. How can I take them off without wrecking my bumper?
Mine were stripped so I got on my front bumper and slammed my foot down on those things. Worked pretty well after a couple of stomps. You just can't put 'em back on after

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Anybody have any before and after pics with and without the jugs??? I'd like to take a peak.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just pulled the rear ones, not sure yet. Kinda dark out there. I'm probably gonna put them back on and shoot them with some Krylon fusion come springtime when I do my flares.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can post some after pics tomorrow when there is better light. I'd have to do some scrounging for some before pics. I can't even simulate the before pics since today was garbage day and that was straight where the front ones went. :D

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
With 011.jpg Without JeepFace.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I definitely know I like the front much better without the jugs. seeing pics of lil blue on other threads is what made me decide to pull them off the front bumper.:D

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
if you take them off....get the flat end caps to finish them off they look much better......

I took the fronts off and capped them. Left the rears on so far......

1 - 20 of 39 Posts