Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving today and everything was fine. After about an half hour I noticed that my check gauges light came on. It when immediately off and then came back on. Then I noticed that my oil pressure gauge what stay around 40 but as soon as I came to a stop or even just pressed on the clutch it would go to 0 and my light would come on. As you can tell by the video I just don't get it. Also after the Jeep sat for about three hour I headed home. Didn't do anything until about 30 mins of driving then it started again. Anyone have this happen or advice.

https://youtu.be/xBgo8iUpBaw

Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm definitely no expert mechanic, but I wouldn't even turn that puppy on until I knew it was getting oil when it ran.

When was the last time the oil was changed, and is the level still good? Any other symptoms like running rough or noticeable exhaust?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gauge seems to be working while tranny is engaged but does that when the tranny is disengaged. Levels are fine and the Jeep runs like a top. Just don't get it.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
For the love of god, if you see that oil pressure gauge drop shut off the engine and check your oil immediately. If it is low (and if it's so low that the oil pick-up in the oil pan isn't able to draw any oil) you should be almost nothing or absolutely nothing on your dip stick. If this is a case fill your oil to the full level before you even touch that ignition key. If it is full and you are showing no oil pressure. Have it towed to your favorite garage and have it looked at. An oil pump now will be a lot cheaper to replace than an engine if you keep going...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts