Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

Been getting mini wobble last three months.. gotten little by little worse. Finally looked/read forums and felt comfortable to self diagnose.

Will contact RK to see what they recommend and see if I can replace the ball rod end. I did notice that the ball end rod NUT was not tighten (passanger rod) vs the track bar rod end on driver side.

What you guys think???

Special thanks to my two assistants; Ranita and Chikita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUpSFfjO6iA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yie_FNkyWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL0I1AVMIiQ

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Good job diagnosing the issue. Two things, first and probably the real issue is that large nut near the ball, it's supposed to be locked down against the tube. Second, the bolt should fit tight. I would be looking for a 9/16s bolt with a long shoulder to replace both sides. There is a good thread discussing the stock vs 9/16s shoulder bolts for the suspension. Good luck with getting it back on the road.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job diagnosing the issue. Two things, first and probably the real issue is that large nut near the ball, it's supposed to be locked down against the tube. Second, the bolt should fit tight. I would be looking for a 9/16s bolt with a long shoulder to replace both sides. There is a good thread discussing the stock vs 9/16s shoulder bolts for the suspension. Good luck with getting it back on the road.
Yep thanks... lol... hope at work I can tighten that jam ? nut ... it was loose before ?

The bolts are also a great idea .

I wonder if that track bar is stock or rock krawkwr like other parts of my suspension .

Bought the car a year ago .. love it

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also

Realizing my axles may not be centered.. I kept wondering my the passenger side gets muddier than driver side lol..... it can also be seen ... by the tyres ... lol thought maybe different size spacers or such used by previous owner lol...aghh.. what an air head

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
You wind the ball joint in or our to center the axle and tighten up the jam nut agianst the the tube. That is an after market track bar.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rock Krawler Track Bar replaced, no wobble

Results:

Rock Krawler was great in customer service.

Got a new front track bar, dialed it is so axle is pretty well centered (rear track bar is not adjustable, will see if get adjustable one if needed).

Was not able to tighten down the jam nut to 200 ft lbs but did pretty good, marked it up with a marker and with more time will remove the track bar and tighten down on the jam nut using 1 or 2 vices and some more muscle..

Really appreciate Rock Krawler customer service after dealing with HORRIBLE customer service form another place LOL

little stroll in the park

1 - 6 of 6 Posts