Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine and I had lunch today, and were talking about our Jeeps. She has a 1997 Wrangler and she's put some money into it over the last few years - nothing cosmetic, unfortunately.

She drove in from Tennessee to Indiana for Christmas, and she said she has no heat in her Jeep. I couldn't believe it. She said that she has some slight heat when the thermostat is turned all the way "hot" and the fan is on its lowest or next-to-lowest setting. But trying to get more circulation only results in cold air coming in.

She said the thermostat had been replaced at some point, and she had heard that thermostats had different levels of heat - so maybe the one she has is either faulty or can't get hot enough?

I told her this board comes through for me a lot, so maybe someone on here has some experience with this. She's a great friend, and I hate for her driving around in the cold... with cold air.

Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
161 Posts
A friend of mine and I had lunch today, and were talking about our Jeeps. She has a 1997 Wrangler and she's put some money into it over the last few years - nothing cosmetic, unfortunately.

She drove in from Tennessee to Indiana for Christmas, and she said she has no heat in her Jeep. I couldn't believe it. She said that she has some slight heat when the thermostat is turned all the way "hot" and the fan is on its lowest or next-to-lowest setting. But trying to get more circulation only results in cold air coming in.

She said the thermostat had been replaced at some point, and she had heard that thermostats had different levels of heat - so maybe the one she has is either faulty or can't get hot enough?

I told her this board comes through for me a lot, so maybe someone on here has some experience with this. She's a great friend, and I hate for her driving around in the cold... with cold air.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Flush the heater core out going both ways. My 97 was the same way, changed thermostat, cooling fluids, etc. Flushed the heater core a couple of times and much better now.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
X3 on heater core flush. The coolant in my radiator looked clean enough to drink but the junk that came out of the heater core was unbelievable.
Astonishing difference in heating power.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had flushed , changed thermostat, and checked flapper door, It finally was a clogged tube. The tube that comes out of the water pump. What I found was the two heater core hoses must both be about the same temp. The one going to the tube on mine was much cooler. And I had a small amount of heat , better if the fan was on low also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts