Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in Minnesota have any good recommendations for a local installer who sells/ installs lifts and wheels?? Thanks, I do have a good local garage and may just purchase on line. I have a new (2014) Rubicon that is crying out for some bigger tires and wheels...

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't had any work done by them but my friend had his lift done at Automotive Concepts. He seems to be happy with their work.
-Dennis

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I haven't had any work done by them but my friend had his lift done at Automotive Concepts. He seems to be happy with their work.
-Dennis
way way overpriced..
try E-Buck auto @ 952-745-4143

His name is Buck and has installed everything on my truck, lift supercharger, bumpers... He runs the shop with his son. Very good good people.

You won't find a better guy and is very trustworthy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
way way overpriced..
try E-Buck auto @ 952-745-4143

His name is Buck and has installed everything on my truck, lift supercharger, bumpers... He runs the shop with his son. Very good good people.

You won't find a better guy and is very trustworthy.
Thanks!!! You buy the stuff yourself and bring it to him?

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Thanks!!! You buy the stuff yourself and bring it to him?
He would be more of a guy to install parts.

I would go to discount tire or something similar for tires/wheels.

Buck is best a great mechanic but you need to do your research and supply him with the parts. He won't look up lift kits for you or order stuff.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a guy who installs a lot of my parts. I buy them and he installs them.

He's way cheaper then any shop. He has worked for a automotive customization company and has installed lifts, engine swaps, audio video equipment. Etc...

He works out of his very well equipped home garage in Scandia.

His name is Jason

Give him a call or text and ask for a quote he'll give you a quote over text.

(651) 341-0685

He wants the business don't hesitate to call. Tell him Don sent you.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks for the reference to Jason. He is really really good (he does this for a living).

Has his own very nice shop in his garage at home. Put in a Teraflex 2.5" lift for me this week end.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for the reference to Jason. He is really really good (he does this for a living). Has his own very nice shop in his garage at home. Put in a Teraflex 2.5" lift for me this week end.

Hey glad to hear you're using him. He has a really sweet garage. He's a really cool and laid back guy and does awesome work.

Keep me posted on your build.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Only thing left is tires and wheels but am using the Bridgestones up right now as they only have 18K miles on them. Don't know how long I will be able to stand keeping 32s on LOL !

Looking at Fuel Mavrick wheels and I don't know what for tires yet.

Only other thing I might do is bumper hoop and lights but most hoops are not made for harsh winter weather and will rust. Am looking for something that won't rust.

Things I have done to it are:

Teraflex 2.5" Body Boost
1.5" Tire Spacers
Northridge Grade 8 Bolt Kit
Grill Mesh
Cibie H4 Headlights
Hot Head Headliner
Best Top Rubber Mats
Short Antenna
Fumoto Oil Drain Plug
Mopar Sills
Sprayed Bottom of Frame with Corrosion Free 3000 to prevent rust
Getting a Mopar Fuel Door

Also will probably line speakers with poly fill to improve bass response. Got the cheapest radio available. Don't listen to music much in the vehicle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Only thing left is tires and wheels but am using the Bridgestones up right now as they only have 18K miles on them. Don't know how long I will be able to stand keeping 32s on LOL ! Looking at Fuel Mavrick wheels and I don't know what for tires yet. Only other thing I might do is bumper hoop and lights but most hoops are not made for harsh winter weather and will rust. Am looking for something that won't rust. Things I have done to it are: Teraflex 2.5" Body Boost 1.5" Tire Spacers Northridge Grade 8 Bolt Kit Grill Mesh Cibie H4 Headlights Hot Head Headliner Best Top Rubber Mats Short Antenna Fumoto Oil Drain Plug Mopar Sills Sprayed Bottom of Frame with Corrosion Free 3000 to prevent rust Getting a Mopar Fuel Door Also will probably line speakers with poly fill to improve bass response. Got the cheapest radio available. Don't listen to music much in the vehicle.
Gotta love your money pit of a jeep. I know I do.

I have a 3.5" Metalcloak Lift.
Metalcloak flex arms all around
AEV tubless front bumper
Warn Zeon 10k winch
AEV rear bumper and tire carrier
35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on Fuel Trophy wheels

I still need new HD ball joints installed. I have a set of Synergy Ball joints now but they've been laying around for awhile. I'll have Jason throw em in for me eventually. I don't have the tools to do it.

Wants:
Light bar
Soft top
Flat fenders
C gussets
Axle sleeves
Hemi (wishful thinking)
Etc...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Light bars are nice. I still like the look of the old lights so probably will go with them.

You gonna coat your bumpers with anything ? Curious to see how the steel ones will take the winter conditions.

For wheels I am still looking at Ballistic Offroad Machined Jesters but the more I see these Fuel Deep Lip wheels the more I am liking them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts