Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I’m new here, new to wrangler ownership, and can’t seem to figure out the right way to make the search do what I want. I bought my YJ last week, and I’m looking for a couple things that seem to be much easier to find for TJs and newer.

First thing is I need to get some mirrors. I’m considering the ones with arms that go in the upper hinge holes, but I also like the kind that mount on the side of the windshield. The problem is that All the ... ahem ... “budget friendly” options out there say they only mount to TJs and up. I just dropped 5k to get the Jeep itself, so needless to say I’m on a crazy tight budget.

I’m also hoping to squeeze a pair of foot pegs in the budget. I’m hoping to find some similar to these:
Foot pegs at amazon
Does anyone make some like this that fit YJs?

thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Hi Steve and welcome...

Check out Quadratec on the mirrors $29.99

Foot pegs? et.al. is that a thing on Jeeps?

John D

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Mostly I have seen them on JK’s with automatics
Yeah, manual here--want the left floor near the clutch.

I've had aux foot pegs on the motorcycle cruiser highway bars to stretch out on long hauls but never drop a lot of dough on lowers as I tend to use those as lean indicators; Scraaaaape -- ah, leaning just enough :cool: sport or dirt bike--scraping bad. :eek:

John D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Steve and welcome...

Check out Quadratec on the mirrors $29.99

Foot pegs? et.al. is that a thing on Jeeps?

John D
Doh! And I just padded an order to get free shipping last night!

as far as the foot pegs go, I don’t plan to use them every mile, but they seem like they might be nice to have often enough for a $20 investment.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quadratec has em cheap. CJ style. The foot pegs is just dangerous if you're driving a manual. Take your doors off and try to place your foot where itll go and you'll see what im talking about. You'll need to clear your foot in and out of the tub and find that clutch if a child sprang out of nowhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Quadratec has em cheap. CJ style. The foot pegs is just dangerous if you're driving a manual. Take your doors off and try to place your foot where itll go and you'll see what im talking about. You'll need to clear your foot in and out of the tub and find that clutch if a child sprang out of nowhere.
I get what you are saying about safety, but I’m also not the sort of dummy that would use them in a school zone. I’m more the sort of person that would use them on an empty desert highway in the middle of nowhere, of which there are many near me. We are talking nothing but rocks and Joshua trees as far as the eye can see. I suppose that it is still a bit dangerous to me, but then again I bought a wrangler, not a Volvo. For whatever it’s worth, I’m considering a design that goes over the door sill, not outside it.

Thank you for the heads up on the mirrors.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Those mirrors are great but the arms are crap.
I made arms from half inch galvanized pipe and an elbow.
Much easier using the door hinges.
100_6598.JPG

·
Registered
957 Posts
Just discovered there is no edit feature.

Those arms didn't work for me because I'm stupid.
Didn't mean to call a part on someones jeep 'crap'.
Also didn't mean to lose my Quadratec discount for life.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My solution, so far. I'll be switching to these mirrors eventually though and ditch'n the Chinese made mirrors.
IMG_0767.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

Mirror.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My solution, so far. I'll be switching to these mirrors eventually though and ditch'n the Chinese made mirrors.
Thank you for sharing! Unfortunately I now need to look for those grab handles, which I didn't know existed before now, but poverty isn't so bad. :) Those mirrors are cool!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks', I love em, one of my favorite items I've added.
They're made in the US on a US made CNC mill by a company called "Carolina Metal Masters" and he makes them for any model Wrangler. Those are his mirrors too that are sold separately.

·
Commercial Member
60 Posts
I'm doors off pretty much all the time, thanks to my onboard carrier for my doors. I really like the KickBax mirror-peg combination. Now I made some modifications to them-- I hit it with some Mapp Gas and lowered the peg for the feet so it's more comfortable for me and I also bought a set of 'foot prints' from Jeep Junk (on Etsy) and welded them in place. I tend to ride barefoot and the single peg wasn't that comfortable. now that I have a whole steel footprint to rest my bare foot on, it's a lot better.
Anyway- I'm not affiliated with KickBax at all. I just like the "all in one" mirror peg deal. Even if I'm not using the peg all the time.
KikBaxDriver.jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
Footpegs, yeah I like to keep my appendages inside the tub. You never know when mayhem will strike.

·
Registered
875 Posts
GrabBars makes excellent boot bars and grab bars. Very heavy and well built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
705 Posts
For a budget-minded mirror relocation these work just fine you can paint them whatever color to match your Jeep. I use something similar to them on mine and work just fine. Crown Automotive RT30010 Mirror Movers in Black for 87-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ

Jeep 48.jpg

Thing about those Kikbax mirror mounts they look like they will not pivot if you hit something with the mirror resulting mirror and likely bracket damage. Also won't fit a YJ.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you look closely you'll see the mirror relocation brackets on my TJ just in front of the mirrors on the door. One nut per mirror to moves the mirror from door to bracket. Doors off move the mirror to the bracket doors on back to the door.

TJ18.jpg

·
Commercial Member
60 Posts
Man! I'm on the highways here in Florida with my shoes off, hanging... err... five. I've never caught any FOD. Puddles do get me since my fender doesn't reach down that far. Nice looking YJ, by the way. I have a 99TJ "Gator" that's a lot of fun to drive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Man! I'm on the highways here in Florida with my shoes off, hanging... err... five. I've never caught any FOD. Puddles do get me since my fender doesn't reach down that far. Nice looking YJ, by the way. I have a 99TJ "Gator" that's a lot of fun to drive. View attachment 4433470
that looks nice, but my foot might get confused on that foot. It has 6 toes. Is your Jeep a mutant? ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts