Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I'm about to make one for my passenger side. The ones I got from autoanything are alright but the passenger side one doesn't quite reach far enough. Even with the mirror toed all the way out and back, I'm only able to see maybe half of it from the driver's seat.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I'm about to make one for my passenger side. The ones I got from autoanything are alright but the passenger side one doesn't quite reach far enough. Even with the mirror toed all the way out and back, I'm only able to see maybe half of it from the driver's seat.
I was annoyed with the passanger side mirror only being a little more than half visible, but I've gotten used to it. I also put an adjustable door strap so the door won't knock the mirror our a click.

The brackets were so cheap, I couldn't see trying to make them myself. Maybe if I had some welding skills and materials laying around. It'll be interesting to see what other people engineer, though.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I think I'm going to fix my passenger mirror by just adding an extra set of arms to it. Should be able to get two 6 inch pieces of flat bar and some bolts and make some extended arms out and back. That would use the old mount point and just give me a bit of distance on the arm.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can u post some pic of the brackets so I can see what they look like tons of steel laying around I sure I can fab something up

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
These are the ones I have: Mirror Relocation Brackets (pair) 50533

You can see the little arms that come off from it. Would be easy enough to either weld (or even bolt on) extensions to those arms.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Here are some I made. This photo shows them in primer before I painted them black. They attach/remove in seconds with a bolt through the hinge. There are rubber pads on the bracket that protect the paint where the "legs" touch the body. Also I picked up a spare pair of mirrors from Craigslist so I don't have to remove the mirrors from the doors when I swap the doors off for these.

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
Here are some I made. This photo shows them in primer before I painted them black. They attach/remove in seconds with a bolt through the hinge. There are rubber pads on the bracket that protect the paint where the "legs" touch the body. Also I picked up a spare pair of mirrors from Craigslist so I don't have to remove the mirrors from the doors when I swap the doors off for these.

Nice! You should sell that design to someone with a machine shop who can mass produce them...I'd purchase a set!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts