Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share my opinion of my new mopar/rugged ridge mirror relocation kit.

I bought the kit because I wanted to more conveniently (and legally) drive without doors. It really was a pain driving without mirrors.

Anyways. The driver's side mirror is fine but when the doors are off, the dash blocks about 1/2 the passenger side mirror. With doors on, the door blocks 2/3 of the mirror.

Having a partial mirror while driving is better than no mirror at all. I have to do a little more leaning than normal to get a better view, but I've gotten accustomed to it in a week of driving.

For reference, I am 5'11" and my seat is as far back as it goes, reclined approximately 15 degrees. I drive a 2dr jk.

My wife is 5'3". The passenger mirror is of no use to her.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No power mirrors.

I dent even realize they exist on the wrangler until just now.

Btw It's an 07 sahara.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
That is pretty much a well known fact. So much so that it states that fact on the RR installation instructions. I'm 6'3" and the mirrors are perfect with the doors off and in fact that is the very reason I have them. Not so could for my much shorter wife, but she knows how to drive without needing the passenger mirror.

With the doors on during the winter about 2/3 of the passenger mirror is blocked by the door. Again I know how to drive without that mirror so it's a non issue for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts