Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about this, But my concern is- Wont the doors bump the mirrors everytime you open them?

Do you just watch how far the door swings or is there some magic jeep physics that keeps it from bumping? (like the same physics which allows a lunch box to get 16-18 mpg?)

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
All I know with my TJ, is when the doors come of, the mirrors get moved to the relocation bracket, when the doors go back on, the mirrors go back on the door... I know they will be hit if I leave them their with the doors on.

·
The Bad Guy
23,247 Posts
The limiting straps stop the doors "just" before contacting the mirrors with the relocation brackets.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The limiting straps stop the doors "just" before contacting the mirrors with the relocation brackets.
yeah, it is REALLY close, but I've never once made contact. I don't think you could even if you wanted to... unless you took off the straps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I leave my mirrors "relocated" but I have come to accept the fact that as long as my doors are on, I will NOT be able to see anything of use in the passenger side mirror.... but I would rather sacrifice that than have the hassle of changing them when i move the doors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts