Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two questions. I will be removing my 2001 full doors soon. Can someone recommend mirror relocation brackets. Also how easy is the upper door surround to remove? Thanks

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Two questions. I will be removing my 2001 full doors soon. Can someone recommend mirror relocation brackets. Also how easy is the upper door surround to remove? Thanks
I believe Jeep has the relocation kits to move them to the A-pillar.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Door surrounds have two screws with large hand knobs on the top. Once the top is off just spin them out. Surrouds cam be pulled off.

On the bottom corner is a rubber seal between the surround and the tub. They can fall off the pin on the surround or stick to the body. Look for them and don't lose them,

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If you want to actually be able to use your mirrors, the relocation brackets that bolt to the A pillars are not very good...On the passenger side the windshield frame will block about half the mirror. If going doorless, just get a pair of bike mirrors and bolt them to the upper hinge leaf.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I bought mine from Quadratec and they just bolt into the upper hinge locations, work great and don't have to install any rely brackets.

·
Registered
400 Posts
If you want to actually be able to use your mirrors, the relocation brackets that bolt to the A pillars are not very good...On the passenger side the windshield frame will block about half the mirror. If going doorless, just get a pair of bike mirrors and bolt them to the upper hinge leaf.

Yes and no. I have the Rugged Ridge ones that mount to the A pillar and the arms are long enough that they work fine. No obstruction whatsoever. I know what you mean about some of the others though.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes and no. I have the Rugged Ridge ones that mount to the A pillar and the arms are long enough that they work fine. No obstruction whatsoever. I know what you mean about some of the others though.
Do you have any issues with the mirrors whistling or moving on the highway?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the Quadratec CJ-style mirrors that mount on the upper hinge of the A-pillar and I have found that, although I don't get much of the view behind and to the side blocked on the passenger side, I do have a problem seeing vehicles and pedestrians ahead of me on both sides (10 o'clock and 2 o'clock). I'm working on a mount for the lower hinge (like DMB's) which I believe will clear up that issue. No problems with whistling or moving at highway speeds as long as I keep the bolts and screws tight. I do get some shake in the mirrors on the road, but I'm an old CJ driver and it looks normal to me.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Many years ago, I had some soft half doors and bought the stock mirror mover brackets mentioned above.
Yes, visibility out the passenger mirror is very limited with the door on. I put a concave sticky mirror on the bottom outside corner, and adjusted the mirror arm as far back as the glass adjustment would let me.
I could see as good or better than looking through a shaking Harley mirror.
But they did stick out way too far and would catch branches and rub trees.
I ended up giving them away when I got some better half doors and another set of mirrors.
I'm not sure if many states require a passenger mirror if you have a windshield and a driver's mirror. I like having two anyway.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the Rugged Ridge ones, and I have no problems with them whistling or moving. And I can see them easily without interference from the A-pillar.

However, the washers they include turn to rust instantly, and they can be a pain to get adjusted just right.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
It is that time of the year! I love door off weather. We have a bunch of different options for Mirrors. I like the the ones that move the mirrors to the A-pillars as opposed to the ones that you put in the hinges when the door are off.

The surrounds come out with the big thumb screws above the doors, over the sport cage.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote on anything!

-Ryan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts