Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’ve got a 2013 JK with the 3.6, 130k that recently had the flashing engine light come on, about 10 minutes later the keep shut off, not hard or bad sounding-just power off. I got it home, PO306 was showing. Internet led me to start with plugs/coil packs first. I tried to start it the next day to see if it would drive into my garage, it did not and there was a noise like when you try to turn the key while the engine is already running…I shut it off and proceeded to work on it in the street. The plugs were in horrible condition so I figured that may have been it. Found the middle cylinder on passenger side was full of fuel. I tested it and found it to be stuck in the open position so I replaced it. When I put it all back together it sounded like a really weak battery, very slow/sluggish and did not start. Battery was fully charged/tested and is good. Is it possible that when the cylinder was full of fuel that it was over pressured and strained my starter to the point of failure? Kind of like a hydrolock situation? I don’t know what to check next?

any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Buddy

·
Registered
493 Posts
I tested it and found it to be stuck in the open position so I replaced it.
What is 'it'? An injector?

If an injector sticks open (which happens) then one cylinder goes very rich and the other two cylinders get leaned out, since the ECU looks at the o2 shared by all the cylinders in that bank and will decides the average lambda is 'rich'.

I'd do a compression test and leak down. That will also make you turn the engine via the crank pulley and you'll quickly find out if something is seized. Cylinder full of fuel can easily bend the rod so be prepared for the worst.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

If an injector sticks open (which happens) then one cylinder goes very rich and the other two cylinders get leaned out, since the ECU looks at the o2 shared by all the cylinders in that bank and will decides the average lambda is 'rich'.

I'd do a compression test and leak down. That will also make you turn the engine via the crank pulley and you'll quickly find out if something is seized. Cylinder full of fuel can easily bend the rod so be prepared for the worst.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did a comp test, only did 1 cylinder on each side, I got 80 psi and then 30 psi. But…? This time when I tried to crank it…it sounded like the battery was really weak. So sluggish and wouldn’t go. That is a new symptom. I bet it only spun like half a turn. Took starter off and had it tested, auto zone said it’s good. So I’m gonna put it back together and try again for the comp test.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts