Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there

Lately my jeep has been doing a slight misfire while accelerating at around 1500 rpm intermittently . Does anybody know what it will be. There is no check engine light on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My Jeep did the same thing. It had a lot of carbon build up. I seafoamed it and it worked miracles... if that doesn't work swap out the spark plugs.. Good Luck!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,498 Posts
If your plugs, distributor cap, rotor, and ignition wiring is good, disconnect the upstream 02 sensor's electrical connector and see if that helps. If it does, replace it with a new NTK (not Bosch) 02 sensor.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Take it for an electronic engine diagnosis and find out which Plug or wire is faulty. Short of that, its kind of a process of dumping money into it until you find the problem. I would start with the wires and plugs. You can pull the plugs and see if they have heavy carbon build-up, or if they look burnt or damaged.

If this problem started after you changed the plugs or wires, I would say to check your order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I have cleaned out the throttle body, the plugs and HT leads are about 18months old but I was suggesting it could be the coil on its way out, I will also try disconnecting the 02 sensor and see if that helps.

Thanks James

1 - 8 of 8 Posts