Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I desperately wanted to buy a Jeep in Crush Orange but by the time I had the money to buy, they were all sold so I settled for a black unlimited model. Almost a year later, I'm still yearning for Crush but I'd hate to trade when I still owe $$$$ money on my Jeep.

So, I'm trying to decide what I can do to add some Orange mods to my JKU. I was thinking of plasti dipping the wheels orange but don't know if that would look silly. I'm definitely considering some orange seat covers and maybe painting the interior accents orange. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Vinyl wrap, and get the orange you wanted. Use a satin vinyl for a super unique look. The Wrangler would be super simple with all the flat panels.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. I'm considering a vinyl wrap. Not 100% sure I want to go that direction but it's on my radar.

laredo - That Bugatti looks sweet!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just some ideas:

1. Black and orange seat covers (ex. black with orange piping)
2. Grill guard mod spray painted orange
3. Paint all 3 tow hooks orange
4. Paint dash vent rings and inner section of glove box grab handle orange
5. Orange diff cover
6. Black fuel filler door with screw heads painted orange

·
Registered
190 Posts
It might get to be pretty "Halloweenish" after the new wears off.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
plasti dip the entire vehicle orange... while its good for a few months you'll have to do so every so often, if not do as others said a vinyl wrap.

other in other more expensive way to go would be to get it painted orange....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was in the exact same boat as you...missed out on Crush and got a black unlimited sport. I have the same idea others have. So far I have:

1. Orange spiderweb shade
2. Made some orange/black grab handles (6 total) out of paracord
3. Painted the vent bezels, glovebox "thing", and door accents orange.

I still need to do the mesh grill mod and paint it orange along with the tow hooks. Then comes some orange decals.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love all of your input, thanks!

I'm getting some custom decals with orange in them and plan to paint the tow hooks and interior accents. I've also seen pics of Jeeps where the inside of the ovals on the grill are painted. I would LOVE to do that and think it looks awesome. Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish it?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a gray/black/orange theme going. Orange vinyl hood decal. Black and Orange paracord handles and I have another black and orange sticker in the back (an Ironman M-dot logo). Would like to do the tow hooks at some point. I think that'll look good with my black plasti-dipped grill.

I LOVE the orange accents. Goes great with the turn signals, reflectors and the dials on the speedometer,etc.

Attachments

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Add some interior lighting? :D

I'm sure you'd want orange lights though. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts