Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the noob questions but I have been reading a ton on upgrading my 2013 jku stock system and am now even further confused. I do have the alpine sub in my trunk but when I pop the panel under the steering wheel to look for my amp.....nothing. I have checked under the seats, trunk, glove box...nothing. Anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Sorry for the noob questions but I have been reading a ton on upgrading my 2013 jku stock system and am now even further confused. I do have the alpine sub in my trunk but when I pop the panel under the steering wheel to look for my amp.....nothing. I have checked under the seats, trunk, glove box...nothing. Anyone have any ideas???
Following wiring. Maybe yours does not have an amp. Who knows.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can't speak for the Alpine; my Infinity amp is above the drivers kick panel. Took two looks to find it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If it has the stock Alpine sub, there has to be an amp up there. It's a silver box with two grey wire connectors plugged into it. Most I have seen are mounted above the kick panel, as GotNet already said, though I think certain model years have them more centered under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
There was another member on here recently who despite not ordering the premium audio package received his Jeep with the sub installed, but no amp.

·
Registered
343 Posts
There was another member on here recently who despite not ordering the premium audio package received his Jeep with the sub installed, but no amp.
Some people also have the sub enclosure with no sub. Seems like you get whatever the factory felt like that day.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Then the sub wouldn't work. I guess it's debatable whether it works even WITH the amp.
Right. As far as I've seen, anybody who has the upgraded stereo package gets everything they're supposed to. It's the Jeeps sold without the Alpine/Infinity package that seem to end up with a mixture of stereo parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts