Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just happened to notice that I have two bolts on the rear drivers side near the end of the axle that I don't have on the passenger's side. I'm about to call the dealer and/or the shop that installed the lift/tires. Can anyone think of a reason this would be the case? Looks like the same holes in both sides...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Just happened to notice that I have two bolts on the rear drivers side near the end of the axle that I don't have on the passenger's side. I'm about to call the dealer and/or the shop that installed the lift/tires. Can anyone think of a reason this would be the case? Looks like the same holes in both sides...
Looks to me like the bolts on the drivers side are there to attach a part that does not exist on the passenger side. Are they holding on a track bar bracket? If so then you would not have corresponding bolts on the passenger side.

·
Registered
385 Posts
those are the bolts for the axle side track bar bracket from the lift. you don't have one on the other side, thats why there are no bolts for it.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't noticed the fact that I had them on one side but not the other until today after only having the Jeep two months. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't at risk of damaging anything or if they should even be there before I went back to 4 Wheel Parts.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
This ^^ those holes are already there I assume. The axle side TB bracket was designed to use the holes. A European RHD model would use the other side.
silly euro's and their backwards roads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts