Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought my Jeep in October I have noticed the passenger side fender kinda loose, I never really looked into it until yesterday and noticed the 4 torx screws and 1 10mm sleeved nut were missing from the passenger side. I guess whoever was assembling my jeep that day was hung over or something. Anyone know where I can get one of these??

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Your dealer, of course. Next time you have to go to the dealer, get it fixed under warranty!

·
Registered
781 Posts
My center console was always kind of wobbly. I was missing a bolt towards the back on the driver's side. Maybe we both had the same forgetful bolt guy!

But yeah, take it to the dealer!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna see if they can just give me the bolt to put in myself, I really don't want them touching my Jeep :redface:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Definitely avoid the dealer, good choice. Chances are they'll blame you for it missing and will blacklist your Jeep for future warranty repairs, labeling it as modified in their computer system. :doh:

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's good to know the fender will stay put for that long. I just found that my front driver side is missing all the hardware as well, 5 10mm bolts and the sleeved nut like in your pic. It was only held on by plastic tabs until i took one of the bolts from the passenger side just to make sure it doesn't go flying off while on the highway..

I am amazed it made it out of the factory this way.

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
I was looking under my front fenders today because of a rattle. That bolt you have in your hand holds the liner in the fender. The problem I found with mine is the bolt does not snug up the liner. When I hit bumps the liner in the fender or flare makes noise. I can reach under there and move it around. I will have to investigate further to see if I have missing hardware also. I am thinking of a rubber grommet or something to put under that bolt to snug up the liner.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I was looking under my front fenders today because of a rattle. That bolt you have in your hand holds the liner in the fender. The problem I found with mine is the bolt does not snug up the liner. When I hit bumps the liner in the fender or flare makes noise. I can reach under there and move it around. I will have to investigate further to see if I have missing hardware also. I am thinking of a rubber grommet or something to put under that bolt to snug up the liner.
Mine too. I used a zip tie and just wrapped around in-between the bolt and liner. Still there till this day :)

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Mine too. I used a zip tie and just wrapped around in-between the bolt and liner. Still there till this day :)
Good idea! Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
Noticed the same gap on mine. Nothing a perfectly sized spacer wont fix. I had 2 spacers in my junk box that happened to be the perfect matching diameter. Slid them on and it works perfect.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
I'm gonna see if they can just give me the bolt to put in myself, I really don't want them touching my Jeep :redface:
:lmao:ROTFLOL. Me either. I trust them about as far as I trust the factory to build a jeep that has every bolt in place!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts