Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Dan and I recently purchased a Bestop Supertop for my 91 Jeep Wrangler. I stalled most of the hardware when I discovered that I was missing a vertical retainer mount (passenger side). I need this piece to finish the installation. Does anyone know if I could obtain this piece separately, and if so where? The part number is 229.24. I really need one. If anyone knows what I am talking about and has one that they would be willing to sell me, you would be helping me out in a big way. Thanks and God Bless!

(***Noted: In the picture containing the arrows...the piece I need is the top arrow. For the instructions...2nd page, 2nd illustration on the left side is the piece I need. Thanks!***)

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Id contact the place you bought the top from. That is kind of a special piece but if you are any good with metal, you could build a temporary bracket to get the top on.

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it brother! I contacted bestop already as well as the place I bought it from (JCWhitney). I was just hoping I would be able to pick me up that particular part as opposed having to wait for JCWHITNEY to resend the whole top and hardware just for that piece, and me have to send it back. It's a pretty lame situation I was hoping to avoid, but I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Again, I appreciate the response, brother! God Bless!

·
Registered
381 Posts
go to quadratec.com they have all the individual pieces for the bestops. i had a similar problem, bought my jeep with a hard top and came with a soft top that the PO had never put on so it was missing all the small pieces. You can get them from quadratec no problem, just go to the tops section then to the replacement parts section of something of that sorts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts