Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 89 with 4.2 and a auto trans with 2" BDS lift and 1" shackles. My question is do I need a 1" body lift to install a 1" MML? When I installed the lift kit I put on the t-case drop that come with the kit and had no vibs at all. I recently removed the t-case drop and have vibs all the time. I no I need a sye but I am eventually gona install a new t-case skid with less drop then the factory unit and want to wait till then to install the sye an new drive shaft without a double cardian ujoint. Will this setup be possible without the 1" body lift. I am trying to keep as low a center of gravity as possible with as much ground clearance as possible.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
You can try the MML without a BL - you will likely have interference at the radiator shroud that you will have to deal with.

The BL will be great if you are planning on doing a tummy tuck and SYE later, so you may as well do it now...

A link to my tummy tuck build is in my signature. It's part of my 8.8 swap thread.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm out of town right now but I'm gona look and do some measuring when I get home and see if the 1" MML will work without the body lift for now and I not I'll reinstall the t-case drop for now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm out of town right now but I'm gona look and do some measuring when I get home and see if the 1" MML will work without the body lift for now and I not I'll reinstall the t-case drop for now.
I would install mml first and try it. The body lift is recommended for the flat belly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts