Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving into Moab from well out of the area, and I don't want to make the long drive with the top off going 90 down the interstate. But in town I would like to enjoy the sun. I am sure others have been through a similar deal - any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
take off your freedom panels or just stow the top in your hotel room. (get first floor)

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
Get a soft top and leave the hard top at home.

·
Registered
823 Posts
the Kolector said:
Get a soft top and leave the hard top at home.
X2. Soft top. Or just remove the freedom panels and stow in Jeep or room. Not as much sun, but better than nothing. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
The sun gets pretty intense there and temps are still pretty warm. Like suggested, either use a soft top or take off the front panels.
There is a great trail through Canyon Lands but not for the squeamish, road in spots is nasty and very narrow

·
Registered
156 Posts
Driving into Moab from well out of the area, and I don't want to make the long drive with the top off going 90 down the interstate. But in town I would like to enjoy the sun. I am sure others have been through a similar deal - any thoughts?
For a couple of beers you could store it in my basement while you are here. When are you coming?

Pete

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all. I wasn't sure if it would make it into the hotel room, so I'll give that a try. And Pete - thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ask the Jeep rental operations there, shoot them 20 dollars for the day if you can lay the thing down in their lot somewhere out of the way. Much safer and almost certainly good care would be taken by them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
just perusing the forum, and nothing that I can add will help here

For a couple of beers you could store it in my basement while you are here. When are you coming?

Pete

But Pete, you are AWESOME. :punk: this is such a great group of folks here.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
We just spent some time trailing in Moab this past week. The closeness of the sun made us surprisingly less likely to drop our soft tops, and the trail dust that hits the back of the jeep in mass quantities convinced us the top stays on. Blasphemy to some, but I still got plenty of red dirt in the Jeep on the adventure. Top off would have been a choking nightmare. LOL

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you have a 2 dr, should be a piece of cake to get into the motel room. I got the quick release screws for just that reason.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts