Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,658 Posts
We can certainly flatten the curve to allow for manufacturers to increase production of testing equipment, disinfectant cleaners, toilet paper???, and reduce the number of people taking up hospital beds. But I am still living life, just not as usual.

I used to be able to work out after work each day. Now the fitness centers are closed. This alone either forces us outside for exercise or forces us to stay inside and become less healthy with every passing day.

I'd much rather live to the end than die a slow death doing nothing.
And now parks are closing. Yosemite and Rocky Mountain NP's gates closed because... people are stupid. Zion is pleading for people to go use trails they might not normally go to. They posted a picture of about 80 people walking up a popular terrace as part of a trail. All of them packed into a 40'x40' area. You can't fix stupid. If you are going out, be smart and not some clueless asshat who F's it up for everyone else.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ok, I'll stay home. To what end? For how long? I work in an "essential" food factory of about 1,000 people so I'll be out and about anyway. If one person brings the virus to work, it easily could reach all 1,000 with in one days shift rotation with how close we must be to interact with each other.

So we declare martial law and the military is called in to enforce it. What would stop them from spreading the disease?

I realize that this is probably just starting and will get worse, but compared to past pandemics, it hardly seems warrant the response it is getting. Or as others have mentioned - there is more to this than we are being told. The response seems overkill to me.
Just to update your numbers.. And it's not slowing down yet. US numbers are growing like crazy everyday because we are behind on testing.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
-

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,658 Posts
NY is responsible for more than half the cases and more than 1/3 the deaths. Pack that many people into a small space and its no wonder.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm not expert but I think the only relevant data is how many new cases every day. At this point only people that have been exposed or have the symptoms are tested, the data is skewed.

·
Registered
391 Posts
... a lot of stupid humans think of nothing but themselves.
This right here is one of the biggest problems with our society as a whole.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sand Hallow is open!
'fraid not, unless you live in Washington County. Access to all Utah State Parks is now limited to residents of the county in which the park is located. It started as an "honor system" directive from the governor a few days ago, but today it had to be escalated to an order because some stupid humans still just don't get it. ID's will be checked at the entrance to all state parks.

As for Grand County, there is absolutely no camping allowed anywhere in the county unless you are a resident. Law enforcement officers have been patrolling virtually all backcountry camping areas daily (or several times a day) and informing people who have set up a camp that they must leave.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts