Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KOA booked for memorial weekend, Should be another good year. EJS was cancelled so they could use some revenue at their shops in town. Let me know if you would like to join or meet up.
The set ups are all TJ's so far with 4-6" lifts at least a rear locker and 35" tires so that should give you an Idea of the type of trails we will be running. Haven't figured out which ones just yet.
I'll be heading in on Friday and staying until Monday around lunch.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
KOA booked for memorial weekend, Should be another good year. EJS was cancelled so they could use some revenue at their shops in town. Let me know if you would like to join or meet up.
The set ups are all TJ's so far with 4-6" lifts at least a rear locker and 35" tires so that should give you an Idea of the type of trails we will be running. Haven't figured out which ones just yet.
I'll be heading in on Friday and staying until Monday around lunch.
EJS has not been canceled.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. I was told it was.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is a link, Hopefully its still a go. I dont usually attend anyway but I know its huge revenue to the town.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You’ll be missed Joe.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in. Just made the reservation at KOA. I have been wanting to go for years now.
It'll be good to have you along this year Scott

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I already have our reservations set. Ready for some desert time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
409 Posts
I will probably be out there as well. Some friends might be flying in and renting again, but I would love to meet up with you guys for a trail or two. More than likely we will get an AirBNB again, that worked out great for us last time.

·
Registered
143 Posts
So....

Its less than a month out. I'm still in, everything is booked and I am looking forward to it. Arrivng mid day on Friday and pulling out Monday morning. This will be my first time in Moab in a Jeep. Had an experience about 30 years ago, but that was in a Ford and doesn't count. :rolleyes:

Who is planning on going and what trails are you planning? I'm thinking I want to run Hell's Revenge, Fins N Things, and Porcupine Rim (with side trip to Castle Valley Overlook). Having no experience, I am open to other suggestions.What is everyone else thinking?

Scott

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
We just got back last Tuesday from Moab. It was packed with people on Saturday, hitting traffic jams in the desert with UTV's flying around. Memorial weekend will probably bring in a ton of people, more than we experienced. Fins N' Things is good to get a feel for how well traction is out there. Hell's Revenge is fun if you do Hell's Gate, but also incredibly busy. I wish we could have done a lot more but really enjoyed Poison Spider, Gold Spike and Gold Bar Rim. Those three offered great scenery, and enough obstacles to challenge yourself.

Reactions: jjvw

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
234 Posts
Here now....arrived today. Main Street construction is in full swing....be prepared for slow downs on the North end. It's busy. I'll report back once we figure out what we're doing. But it ain't the same as it was a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
We'll the Jeep is ready to go. Now I need to pack the tools and a quick service on the truck.

Bring your extra parts along and any special tools you may need. Be prepared for your day. It will be hot, so drink plenty of water and have a lunch.

Now let's get a roll call for anyone coming or wanting to meet us.

If you don't have my cell phone number, send me a PM and I'll send you a text back with mine. That way we can co- ordinate trails and meeting times.

Sent from my AGS2-L03 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Angela and I will be there. Jeep is ready, truck is ready, and I am renting a trailer for the trip. We will be in Moab midday Friday and leaving Monday morning.

·
Registered
2020 JLUR - 2.5" + 35s.
2 Posts
New to the forums, but would love to meet up with a group in Moab for Memorial Day runs. I'll be there 26-30th.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts