Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I can't take enough time from work to drive across country to hit MOAB. Are there any places that rent Jeeps that allow you to wheel in MOAB? I really hate not being able to take mine.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Jeep Rentals
Canyonlands Jeep Adventures Moab Center
225 South Main
435-259-4413

Cliff Hanger Jeep Rental
435-259-0889

Farabee Jeep REntals
435-259-7494

Moab Tour Company
435-259-4080

Accordingly the all have web sites too.

This information was taken from the "Guide to Moab, UT Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails" (Second Edition) book written by Charles A. Wells

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi all,
I can't take enough time from work to drive across country to hit MOAB. Are there any places that rent Jeeps that allow you to wheel in MOAB? I really hate not being able to take mine.
You... will... have... a... blast if you haven't been before. Just came back from a week.

Hell's Revenge and Hell's Gate (just "looked" at Mickey's Hot Tub and Escalator; came out "Rubble Trouble" in the fookin' dark, that was fun #not), Wipe Out Hill, Potato Salad Hill (only went up a little), Metal Masher, V-Notch on Poison Spider.

Was bloody awesome, definitely making plans for Safari in the spring.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I would also highly recommend onion creek trail. Its not technical but has incredible scenery

It has a bit of everything, creek crossings, off camber, hill climbs, etc.. It is a nice break from rock crawling all day. LINK to the trail

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
We drive ours from MD. It takes us two days to get to the mountains of Colorado. Another day or two driving through the mountains and we are there. So, two weeks off gives us a week out there and a week going and coming back.
But if you can't get enough time off, as mentioned, there are more than a few Jeep rental places. Some rental Jeeps are near stock, some are fully built. Clearly, the built ones are more money and more fun.
I highly recommend the Charles Wells FunTrek book on Moab trails. It will help you get more out of the trip. One note about his book, all the Jeep trails are rated Red in his book (only three ratings, Green, Blue, and Red). You have to read to determine if a given "Red" trail is do-able for you and your Jeep / rental Jeep. As a point, a stock Jeep can do Fins and things and Hells Revenge. Whether or not the driver is up for it is another question. But don't sell yourself short. You can always take a bypass or turn around (well most of the time.....).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts