Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking about getting a Wrangler. Had a '95 Cherokee for years and it's time to trade up. I want to go to the Jeep Easter Safari one of these years and go on a few of the Badge of Honor trails. I'm kind of torn if I want to get the regular or the Unlimited. If I get the Unlimited I will be doing the JK-8 conversion a few years down the line.

I know I want these that came on the Moab.

They are the same as the Rubicon and Rubicon X, but are all black.

My intern got a new Wrangler Unlimited with a Mopar 3" Stage 3 lift kit that was installed by the dealer. He has 18" wheels on 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers. These are the lift kit and tires I'd like to get.

I know what accessories I want to get and have broken up them into different upgrade groups so I can get them when I have the money. The one I will be getting with the Jeep is wheels, tires, and a lift kit. The lift kit will not void the warranty if the dealership installs it when I buy the Jeep.

After I spoke to the guys in the Mopar Parts Department getting a quote on all the accessories I want to see what I could afford from the start and which will have to wait. After speaking with them they said I should go talk to the guy in the service center that "specializes" in lift kits. I showed him these wheels and told him I wanted 35" tires. He suggested that I go with different wheels, said the tire was too thin, said I should go for a tire that is at least 9" wide. Showed me that the wheels may not come out past the stock flares. He also said I should put 35" on the two door, but didn't say why and I didn't ask since I was only thinking about getting the Unlimited at the time.

I would love to hear from anyone who has these wheels, and I would love to see what your Wranglers look like. If you do post pictures please tell me what lift kit you went with and the size of the tires are in inches and with the ##/##R17 size please. If you have still have the stock flares could you post a picture of the front so show how far they come out, especially if you are using spacers.

I appreciate any and all help, advice, and pictures! Thank you.

-Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome build! What size spacers did you use?

On a side note those are the bumpers I want to get :D Except I'll be removing the extenders.

·
Registered
283 Posts
3.5" Rock Krawler X-Factor lift w/35x12.5xR17 MTR's. + 1.5" spacers

·
Registered
417 Posts
All you guys running the stock rubicon wheels with bigger tires....did you have to get a lift too or just spacers. I'd like to get AEV black pintlers and AEV's 2.5" lift, but not sure if I can do all three at once. I'm trying to sell my Rubi wheels and tires but so far no takers. My Amp 'd Rubi is in Final Inspection now and I'd like to get them sold before I get the Jeep so I can get outcall done at once. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
417 Posts
All you guys running the stock rubicon wheels with bigger tires....did you have to get a lift too or just spacers. I'd like to get AEV black pintlers and AEV's 2.5" lift, but not sure if I can do all three at once. I'm trying to sell my Rubi wheels and tires but so far no takers. My Amp 'd Rubi is in Final Inspection now and I'd like to get them sold before I get the Jeep so I can get outcall done at once. Any suggestions?
With 285 Duratracs too, forgot that part.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I did my lift at the same time that I put the 35's on it so I'm not sure how bad it would rub without the lift. The wheel spacers keep the tires from rubbing on the control arms (adjusting for the backspacing) and the lift keeps them from rubbing the fenders. Without the lift I would imagine you'd rub the fenders pretty bad, especially if you went off road and had any flex at all. The wheel spacers you'd have to have for larger tires than stock (using stock wheels), otherwise you hit your tires on the control arms when you turn.

If you get the AEV wheels you wouldn't need spacers because they already have the correct back spacing for larger tires. Spacers are way cheaper than wheels so that's why I went that route. I'm saving for the wheels I want.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm running stock Rubicon wheels with 35x12.5 Trail Grapplers, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers, and no lift. I trimmed my air dam and took my rubi rails off for now. Also have to run flat fenders I just trimmed my stock ones until I can afford new ones. No rubbing at all for me but I have put all my offroading off until I can get my lift. Mine is my DD so for now that is all it does.

View attachment 1173218

1 - 14 of 14 Posts