Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Jeep, it is an '07 Wrangler X 6 spd manual and because of being deployed I haven't even driven it yet, and still I find myself with the mod itch. I have even already bought a new muffler, cat, and exhaust tips and can't wait to get my hands on those. I place all of the blame entirely on this forum because there are so many threads based on mods and I get excited but oh well...One mod that I definitely know I want to do at some point is the roll cage. In my opinion the "square" look has got to go. However, I don't know if there are any kits for the angled bar or if I am going to have to cut and weld my own on there (I really really hope not:surrender:). I guess what I'm trying to find out is how large of an undertaking this is going to be, if there are any kits (preferably bolt-on for the time being since I am stationed in Germany and there aren't too many welders available), or if it is going to be a full custom job. Thanks so much for the advice and I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say! :popcorn: :redface:

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: There are several, I have the "ROCKHARD" JK/JKU Roll Cage, non weld boltin-

I just bought my first Jeep, it is an '07 Wrangler X 6 spd manual and because of being deployed I haven't even driven it yet, and still I find myself with the mod itch. I have even already bought a new muffler, cat, and exhaust tips and can't wait to get my hands on those. I place all of the blame entirely on this forum because there are so many threads based on mods and I get excited but oh well...One mod that I definitely know I want to do at some point is the roll cage. In my opinion the "square" look has got to go. However, I don't know if there are any kits for the angled bar or if I am going to have to cut and weld my own on there (I really really hope not:surrender:). I guess what I'm trying to find out is how large of an undertaking this is going to be, if there are any kits (preferably bolt-on for the time being since I am stationed in Germany and there aren't too many welders available), or if it is going to be a full custom job. Thanks so much for the advice and I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say! :popcorn: :redface:
Very strong. very sturdy, aircraft fastners, a couple pics

Not easy to install, but with time/care it's doable-

Evidentally the JK/JKU stock roll cage is very strong to begin with, so we're just being redundant--

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts