Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here is what I have going on my wrangler is a 94 I haven't ran the vin or anything but it does have the external slave. Problem is that so far I have had to buy engine parts for a 93 like the AIT sensor and a rotor for a 94 doesn't fit. Now I did the cam sensor a while back and it hasn't run right sense well I bought one for a 94 could this have been the problem? I looked up distributors and the one for a 93 is different and it is the one I have in mine now. I am going to replace it which one would you guys buy?

·
Registered
402 Posts
'93 was a "change over" year for the wranglers. Mid year they changed over to many of the new systems that they used for the 94 and 95. I would pull the distributor and take it with you to the parts store and compare (there is a core charge anyways). One thing to check for sure (that you can see with the naked eye) is the wire harness plug. They changed the configuration of the plug a few times through out the years. I ran into that problem (among others) when I completely redid my ignition system.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
The 10th digit is the year. Yours (for a 1994)should be an "r"
p=1993
S-1995

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys it does look just like the 93 distributor the 94 is completely different I can't check the vin right now The Jeep isn't here but I'll get today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts