Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone has cut stock fenders and flares for a flat look.before i spend money on flat fenders i want to try it. if it ends up looking half assed and stupid then new fenders it will be.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Cutting stock TJ fenders.

Be careful about it, though. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can get a ticket in some states if your wheels stick out further than your flares.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Jeffreybomb said:
Be careful about it, though. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can get a ticket in some states if your wheels stick out further than your flares.
This is true. A couple minutes on Google will let you know if that is a law in your state. It's good to check. ;)

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
you can probably find the answer here.. LiftLaws.com ..when I got my rock crawler the fenders had been cut..they probably looked good when they were first done but cutting them removed a lot of their support so they deformed..I just built armored covers to go on them and they look much better now

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am worried about the metal losing shape my thought was to cut them just above the turn signal so the curve is still there.just have to relocate the signal. Thanks for info on the law, never thought about that.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts