Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a lot of reading in various threads around here and all over Google and hoping some generous knowledgeable individuals would be kind enough to help a newer Jeeper with some specific questions.

I have a 2015 Firecracker Red Sahara 2 door, she's still mostly stock with a few small mods here and there. I've gone back and forth and come to the conclusion, and I realize this is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, that I do not want to lift it, with at least a 2.5 and 33s. (My initial intention on my build but as I see others I'm leaning away from that). My personal opinion on the aesthetics is that it seems to sit a bit high for as short as the JK is. I know there are other options and looking at those, leveling, spacers etc, which is where my question comes into play. My opinion on this is subject to change with the logistics that I am unsure of.

I would like to get Procomp 69 in a flat black finish with 32 mud tires.

I wonder about adding a mid width Poison Spyder bumper, without a winch.

JK Brawler Lite Front Bumper - Brawler Bar - Plate Gussets - Tabs | Jeep Wrangler JK Front Bumpers | Poison Spyder Customs

I would like to change the rear bumper to something basic but with aux LEDs.

Other than that, I don't see any other significant weight penalty items, maybe the aluminium poison spyder fender flares.

Can the stock suspension take the added weight of bumpers? What would be the best solution to that keeping a lift out of the equation? Is that even possible?

Thanks to anyone that took the time to read and help me. I'm very new to this and the sheer amount of information is very confusing and I just wanted to shoot out to my specifics.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Your stock suspension should handle those mods listed but it might sag a little. If you end up with a less than desirable forward rake then add a leveling kit. Or look at a small budget boost.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I've done a lot of reading in various threads around here and all over Google and hoping some generous knowledgeable individuals would be kind enough to help a newer Jeeper with some specific questions.

I have a 2015 Firecracker Red Sahara 2 door, she's still mostly stock with a few small mods here and there. I've gone back and forth and come to the conclusion, and I realize this is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, that I do not want to lift it, with at least a 2.5 and 33s. (My initial intention on my build but as I see others I'm leaning away from that). My personal opinion on the aesthetics is that it seems to sit a bit high for as short as the JK is. I know there are other options and looking at those, leveling, spacers etc, which is where my question comes into play. My opinion on this is subject to change with the logistics that I am unsure of.

I would like to get Procomp 69 in a flat black finish with 32 mud tires.

I wonder about adding a mid width Poison Spyder bumper, without a winch.

JK Brawler Lite Front Bumper - Brawler Bar - Plate Gussets - Tabs | Jeep Wrangler JK Front Bumpers | Poison Spyder Customs

I would like to change the rear bumper to something basic but with aux LEDs.

Other than that, I don't see any other significant weight penalty items, maybe the aluminium poison spyder fender flares.

Can the stock suspension take the added weight of bumpers? What would be the best solution to that keeping a lift out of the equation? Is that even possible?

Thanks to anyone that took the time to read and help me. I'm very new to this and the sheer amount of information is very confusing and I just wanted to shoot out to my specifics.
What springs are on your Jeep? If you check the last 2 digits of the tags you'll see what you have. The higher numbers will be lightly stiffer and handle weight a little better. Keeping the rig light with aluminum armor will keep the sagging to a minimum. If you see some sagging you can swap out for higher number springs and get about another .5"/number you go up. Or you can measure the sag and add a Coil Spring Spacer to make up for the lost height.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

-Ryan

·
Registered
694 Posts
Your stock suspension should handle those mods listed but it might sag a little. If you end up with a less than desirable forward rake then add a leveling kit. Or look at a small budget boost.
In time it might sag but you can find some JKU springs with a higher rating on CL or go the Rancho budget boost with front springs. Ride won't suffer and lift would be minimal more like a level kit. Teraflex makes a 1.5" spring budget boost as well.

·
Registered
688 Posts
4 door springs would be a great option to get any height loss back and then you could use spring spacer or leveling kit to get rid of any rake.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the advantages/disadvantages of a leveling kit versus spring spacers or replacing the springs with JKU ones? Or is it more dependant on the level of sag I am attempting to correct? Is one better/more reliable over the other?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts