Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the PO straight piped the the exhaust on the jeep when he put a supercharger on, emissions are not a concern where I'm at, but I'm pretty tired of how stupidly loud this thing is.

I'd like to put in a new cat & exhaust to tame the noise, as well as reduce some of the heat that comes through the floor. Don't really care about the tone, I just want it a good bit more quiet. My only real limitation is I don't want to limit the added torque of the supercharger too much.

Any suggestions? Was looking at Magnaflow 23221 cat with a Dynomax 17309 exhaust system.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I would suggest a resonator and muffler. Not a cat. Restricts flow too much. The resonator will reduce the noise then the muffler will give it tone. The cat will restrict and will hold heat.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I would suggest a resonator and muffler. Not a cat. Restricts flow too much. The resonator will reduce the noise then the muffler will give it tone. The cat will restrict and will hold heat.
Not legal but X2 and we all do it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not legal but X2 and we all do it.
Its completly legal if you dont have emissions laws. If you have to get e-checked or safety inspected it could be a no-no. But where I live I have neither.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
It's a law regardless if you have emissions testing or not, you have to have a CAT. Be careful about the talk on these for many other threads have been shut down because of 'illegal' talk.

·
Registered
116 Posts
AllMudd is correct. Sorry for not clarifying a little better. It is only legal to remove or modify your cat if it is for offroad use ONLY. I.E. trailered to and from the race track/woods

·
Registered
742 Posts
Its completly legal if you dont have emissions laws. If you have to get e-checked or safety inspected it could be a no-no. But where I live I have neither.
Sorry friend. Altering or eliminating any emissions device on a vehicle is illegal in all 50 states. It's even illegal to talk about it on this Forum. See BeastMaster I'm learning :dance::dance:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Big deal. So I don't type fast. Started before your clarification.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Just to clarify I was laughing at what you said a out learning, not a out doing anything illegal. I guess I should have cut out what was not need in your post.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nobody made it a big deal but yourself. I clarified.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts