Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while back I posted my jeep going from stock rubi to level 8 zx wheels with stock rubi tires.:9lame:

Well I could not take that set up anymore, so I jumped on a modified version of the "combo"!

Stock

Level 8 ZX Stock Rubicon tires

Level 8 ZX 285/70/17 GY Duratracs

I have to say I understand NOW why this tire is so popular. I was a non-believer and now I found the error of my ways.:rofl:

The thing that blows my mind is how quiet these tires are, it's quite amazing out of such an aggressive tread pattern. Of course Discount Tire Direct, RJ and Discount Tire MNM-24 were amazing and made the whole experience.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
give it a year and you'll be broke, in debt, and the wife will be gone.

but you'll have a bitchn' jeep!
:rofl:

Looks good, Skalve85. :thumb: May I suggest a leveling kit or small lift as well . . . . :whistling:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:rofl:

Looks good, Skalve85. :thumb: May I suggest a leveling kit or small lift as well . . . . :whistling:
Yeah I have been talking to Jason and reading a couple threads you had going. I was looking at the Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod but I really don't want that much lift since I will be staying with this tire size and its my DD.

A leveling kit is kinda what I'm leaning toward but just with adding Ace Rails I've notice my springs have a very slight sag. So pucks don't really help me there for future mods that had weight, bumpers etc.

Now with the TF performance 1.5 coil leveling kit seems like the best option but its hard to spend that much when your almost the same price as a 2.5 lift.

And then shocks....:rofl:

I can't decide, and normally I know what I want so this is difficult for me.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That Jeep is amazing. Nice wheels.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, of course were never done modding.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah I have been talking to Jason and reading a couple threads you had going. I was looking at the Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod but I really don't want that much lift since I will be staying with this tire size and its my DD.

A leveling kit is kinda what I'm leaning toward but just with adding Ace Rails I've notice my springs have a very slight sag. So pucks don't really help me there for future mods that had weight, bumpers etc.

Now with the TF performance 1.5 coil leveling kit seems like the best option but its hard to spend that much when your almost the same price as a 2.5 lift.

And then shocks....:rofl:

I can't decide, and normally I know what I want so this is difficult for me.
Very nice! Have you considered the TF 2.5" coil lift kit with shock extensions? I'm thinking the Rubicon's shocks would be sufficient; this would save the cost of buying 4 new shocks, and such a kit would be only slightly more expensive than the leveling kit. I have a new JKUR on the way (and a set of ACE rails waiting in the garage), and have been thinking about making similar tire/wheel and lift upgrades for a long time! Mine's also going to be a DD, so I don't want to do anything too drastic.

Let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice! Have you considered the TF 2.5" coil lift kit with shock extensions? I'm thinking the Rubicon's shocks would be sufficient; this would save the cost of buying 4 new shocks, and such a kit would be only slightly more expensive than the leveling kit. I have a new JKUR on the way (and a set of ACE rails waiting in the garage), and have been thinking about making similar tire/wheel and lift upgrades for a long time! Mine's also going to be a DD, so I don't want to do anything too drastic.

Let us know what you decide!
I'm not sure I like the way a 2.5 kit looks on 33's I think I would be wishing for 35's if I had that lift.:D

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm not sure I like the way a 2.5 kit looks on 33's I think I would be wishing for 35's if I had that lift.:D
Yeah, true... 33"s look a little undersized on properly lifted JKUs. I'm looking at tires that are closer to 34" than 35" (e.g., 305/70R17) to go with a 2.5" lift. I'm hoping this'll give me the right "look" without requiring front axle mods or a new rear tire carrier. But I might only be fooling myself?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LarsA said:
Yeah, true... 33"s look a little undersized on properly lifted JKUs. I'm looking at tires that are closer to 34" than 35" (e.g., 305/70R17) to go with a 2.5" lift. I'm hoping this'll give me the right "look" without requiring front axle mods or a new rear tire carrier. But I might only be fooling myself?
Yes exactly, I wanted 34s in Duratracs but they need to expand there sizes for sure. From what I read once you go 35's it takes a lot more mods to keep it reliable. I'll let you know what I figure out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just lifted mine with 2.5" Old Man Emu lift. Haven't changed tires out yet. Still doesn't look bad as is. That's because it's a JK. Still, I'm exploring the BFG KM's in a 34"

·
Registered
551 Posts
Niiiice. Stock or lifted it's all good. What works for you is best for you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just lifted mine with 2.5" Old Man Emu lift. Haven't changed tires out yet. Still doesn't look bad as is. That's because it's a JK. Still, I'm exploring the BFG KM's in a 34"
That looks really good can't believe they are 32's, fits well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
496 Posts
That looks really good can't believe they are 32's, fits well.
I get that alot. It's due to the Fuel Wheels pushing out, plus the BFG KM's are pretty knobby tires. They look bigger than they really are, which makes it a less urgent modification. I can go for my bumpers, headlights, ACE rock rails next instead. Of course, as all of us know, this is all subject to change.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts