Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this in the TJ section and thought it was great. So I decided to see if there were any JK owners with regrets to help us noobies out :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Adding chrome.....

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Wheels larger than 18"

·
Registered
288 Posts
Contributing....

The gutter mesh grill liner mod... But only if you're in an overly hot environment. I live in Las Vegas, and this dry heat 110 degrees crap destroys the zip tie adhesive blocks that we all use. Just don't do it if you live somewhere that gets over 100 degrees-ish. I walked out to my Jeep one Saturday afternoon and half of my grill liner was completely folded backwards, and I used a layer of super glue on top of the regular adhesive that comes on the zip tie blocks. Just FYI!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Contributing....

The gutter mesh grill liner mod... But only if you're in an overly hot environment. I live in Las Vegas, and this dry heat 110 degrees crap destroys the zip tie adhesive blocks that we all use. Just don't do it if you live somewhere that gets over 100 degrees-ish. I walked out to my Jeep one Saturday afternoon and half of my grill liner was completely folded backwards, and I used a layer of super glue on top of the regular adhesive that comes on the zip tie blocks. Just FYI!
Super glue is not water proof and will fail when exposed to water or moisture.

·
Really liking the Jeep...
1,956 Posts
Tinting your headlights. -easily the stupidest one I've seen so far.

Aw man, what's wrong with the stupid UFO things? It beats pretending you'll ever put that windshield down. ;)

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hood hold downs/locks, gas cap lock

those stupid UFO hood thingy's.

Plastidip anything.

Um...... I'll get back, I know there is more :)
UFO hood thingy's? Any more detailed description available?:confused:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
There is a thread on them. The hottest new
phase :rolleyes:

Scream mall crawler
on the hood I couldnt care less, but they are handy on the tailgate for when you pull off the stock carrier. overall, I'm sure this thread would be more useful if people listed mods they had done that they regret. theres no really any bad mods, there are just mods out there that either dont really live up to the hype, or dont suit the persons needs. things like buying crappy armor and then it doesnt hold up to the trail, tire carriers that rattle, dropping 300$ on a CAI that does nothing for you, throttle body spacers, bug deflectors, that type of stuff.

Personally, I bought a set of limb risers. folks always told me how they looked, but I managed to knock off both sides kissing some trees. and I found I never really put them up, since all they did was protect the hood from getting scratched. maybe for folks who spend more times on tight trails with alot of trees and brush, but I'm not on those any more. so certainly a waste for me in the end

·
Registered
780 Posts
If you are in Australia steer away from the Mopar branded springs supplied by the dealers. They are NOT Mopar springs, they are made locally by Lovells for Jeep Australia and stuck in a box with a Mopar sticker on it. They are listed in the Lovells catalogue as heavy duty made for the 4 door diesel model yet sold for all variants. Stuck them in the 2 door petrol and may as well have had solid steel bars instead of springs. Needed a kidney belt to drive it!

·
Registered
298 Posts
mattdenney07 said:
Contributing....

X2 though one panel saved my radiator from a mini meteor thrown from an 18 wheeler, I'm hate constantly having to redo it

1 - 20 of 313 Posts