Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
370z is junk. No offense but it is and I'm sorry if I offended you but good for you in school for engineering I'm in grad school now finishing my finance and business MBA already have my minor in computer and civil engineering. Stick with it veer towards civil if I were you a lot of money there. They're are a lot more mechanical engineers out there but civil engineers who are needed for huge money city projects and reconstructions are where the big money is at

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Amped said:
jeeps dont die dude. not if theyre maintained. are you new here?
Not many people maintain them good for you if you do not a lot do. I'm more in the business if when a car gets to the point where I have to start putting thousands in for it just to run, it's time to start a new project on a new one

·
Registered
523 Posts
Farnham21 said:
And it's always young kids (not saying I'm not,23 here) but when they understand money and families and what it means to have a dependable vehicle but what can ya do live and learn
How are you gonna talk shit saying its always young kids when your 23....im 24 what's the diff between my yj being able to fix everything myself and your jk where you depend on your warranty when something happens I've prolly worked on and owned more cars of all diff sorts then you have ....and my "outdated" sound system sounds alot better then yours I.bet you can't even play mp3 cds or have a 10 disc changer or aux jack but mines to outdated for that sry to bother you "upper class jk owners" ...and u say jk owners don't come into yj sections I could have sworn I saw numerous jk owners commenting on how good yj rigs look and how much they rather have one or regret wishing they git rid of one but id you did go into a yj section and broaden your horizon you'd realize things

·
Registered
156 Posts
It would be better titled "Things to avoid IN MY OPINION" because there's really only a few posts that detail the mod, and the negative consequences that came because of it. The rest is merely opinions.
right? with an annotation for pages 8 and 9 are mostly a pissing contest amongst a guy with a JK and a guy with a YJ debating who's jeep's engine will outlast the other. its like wtf who cares. if ya like new ya like new, I personally hate new, my wifes "new tech" audi is now sitting in the driveway off the road because i dont feel like fixing "electrical" issues that are going to cost more than it is worth to pay a dealership to find the problem. i'll stick to something old and reliable i guess. but thats me.

note i'm not making anyone else feel directly stupid for their personal opinions.
quit being mean and go wheeling or something.

....just dont scratch that new paint ;)

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Farnham21 said:
370z is junk. No offense but it is and I'm sorry if I offended you but good for you in school for engineering I'm in grad school now finishing my finance and business MBA already have my minor in computer and civil engineering. Stick with it veer towards civil if I were you a lot of money there. They're are a lot more mechanical engineers out there but civil engineers who are needed for huge money city projects and reconstructions are where the big money is at
I was just messin with you. Hell, I'd be the last person to own a 370z. :D my dad is trying to convince me to go in for petroleum. Since we live in Louisiana and he is already a plant supervisor at Exxon that would be ideal for him to work with me. But biology and organic chemistry really isn't my thing. I've never really considered civil.. I might end up double majoring in it since most of the classes are the same.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
nicks_yj said:
How are you gonna talk shit saying its always young kids when your 23....im 24 what's the diff between my yj being able to fix everything myself and your jk where you depend on your warranty when something happens I've prolly worked on and owned more cars of all diff sorts then you have ....and my "outdated" sound system sounds alot better then yours I.bet you can't even play mp3 cds or have a 10 disc changer or aux jack but mines to outdated for that sry to bother you "upper class jk owners" ...and u say jk owners don't come into yj sections I could have sworn I saw numerous jk owners commenting on how good yj rigs look and how much they rather have one or regret wishing they git rid of one but id you did go into a yj section and broaden your horizon you'd realize things
That doesn't happen an my iPhone connects to my car and I can press a button believe it or not on the wheel, ik mind blowing right, and I can call people, change music, talk to it, it's nuts. And I've owned and built 5 mustangs in my life I also have an engineering degree if you read above^ my horizon is much broader and much brighter than yours sorry bit gonna sit here and argue with another "I'm a real mechanic cause I have a sick sound system"

·
Registered
523 Posts
Amped said:
and now i realize i'm the guy with the TJ in the bar. ugh
Lol bit your on my side so your welcome to stay and have a beer....if you save the can we can use them for our "flintstone" floor that evidently all older jeeps have

·
Administrator
12,481 Posts
next person who complains about another model jeep or that his is better than another members gets banned.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
jherrington said:
I was just messin with you. Hell, I'd be the last person to own a 370z. :D my dad is trying to convince me to go in for petroleum. Since we live in Louisiana and he is already a plant supervisor at Exxon that would be ideal for him to work with me. But biology and organic chemistry really isn't my thing. I've never really considered civil.. I might end up double majoring in it since most of the classes are the same.
I hear ya don't gotta tell me that. I hate chemistry I got a c- in it and ran never looked back. Civil and the petroleum idea is good too bad I'm a numbers guy and had to become a stupid financial analysis with stupid jp Morgan. Ew not fun but I still have the engineering to fallback on if I want.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
I seen enough of this pissing match. It stops or I lock it.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Hey man! I do t think I'm a mechanic because I have a good system. I think I'm a good mechanic because I got a 3cyl ford 2000 diesel tractor working after sitting for 10 years, fixed neighborhood for wheelers, and any small engine you can think of.:)

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Amped said:
right? with an annotation for pages 8 and 9 are mostly a pissing contest amongst a guy with a JK and a guy with a YJ debating who's jeep's engine will outlast the other. its like wtf who cares. if ya like new ya like new, I personally hate new, my wifes "new tech" audi is now sitting in the driveway off the road because i dont feel like fixing "electrical" issues that are going to cost more than it is worth to pay a dealership to find the problem. i'll stick to something old and reliable i guess. but thats me.

note i'm not making anyone else feel directly stupid for their personal opinions.
quit being mean and go wheeling or something.

....just dont scratch that new paint ;)
I'm sorry u got stuck with the Audi those things are sweet but absolute mechanical an electrical traps. When I was a salesman we had a 2009 a4 is4 wagon and it was sweet but it sat in the shop for 5 months and had to have a new tranny and (go figure) new cylinder heads

·
Registered
523 Posts
Farnham21 said:
That doesn't happen an my iPhone connects to my car and I can press a button believe it or not on the wheel, ik mind blowing right, and I can call people, change music, talk to it, it's nuts. And I've owned and built 5 mustangs in my life I also have an engineering degree if you read above^ my horizon is much broader and much brighter than yours sorry bit gonna sit here and argue with another "I'm a real mechanic cause I have a sick sound system"
Ok you have buttons on a steering wheel ....but you don't have technology in your jk like you said before....and im glad your going to school for that how do u know im not going to school for something like that also just because you feel the need to say it doesn't make you better then anyone else for it I could care less what you do in your life im going to school for stuff to and I have a mechanical background that I like to do on the side to keep my jeep the way I want it and im glad you built 5 mustangs that's freaking mind blowing ...not really who the f*** cares

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
jherrington said:
Hey man! I do t think I'm a mechanic because I have a good system. I think I'm a good mechanic because I got a 3cyl ford 2000 diesel tractor working after sitting for 10 years, fixed neighborhood for wheelers, and any small engine you can think of.:)
No wasn't towards you

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is awesome! YJ & TJ infiltration on the JK boards, grammar smack only two sentences after inappropriate use of the word "literally," class-warfare, resume posting...sheesh guys, calm down. Nicks - y'all started posting anti-JK crap on the JK board: you are baiting, and you're getting what you wanted. Troll city. Farnham & Jerkbait, yeah he comes across as a snarky, pimply-faced punk, but he is out trying to know his ride and getting grease on his hands and you probably do respect some of that at one level. Hug it out, guys!

·
Registered
860 Posts
next person who complains about another model jeep or that his is better than another members gets banned.

:thumb:

Back on topic -

Not so much a mod, but I am one of many who bought a Quadratec rear liner for a 2 door JK only to find out that it prevents the rear seat from locking down in most cases. Save yourself 70 beans...at least until it is redesigned.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
:thumb:

Back on topic -

Not so much a mod, but I am one of many who bought a Quadratec rear liner for a 2 door JK only to find out that it prevents the rear seat from locking down in most cases. Save yourself 70 beans...at least until it is redesigned.
They had a sale going on...and I noticed that they had an "old design". I wonder if it was redesigned?

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
nicks_yj said:
Ok you have buttons on a steering wheel ....but you don't have technology in your jk like you said before....and im glad your going to school for that how do u know im not going to school for something like that also just because you feel the need to say it doesn't make you better then anyone else for it I could care less what you do in your life im going to school for stuff to and I have a mechanical background that I like to do on the side to keep my jeep the way I want it and im glad you built 5 mustangs that's freaking mind blowing ...not really who the f*** cares
Eh not losing sleep over it and I hope u are in school this country needs some edumacation and hard workers

·
Registered
860 Posts
They had a sale going on...and I noticed that they had an "old design". I wonder if it was redesigned?
Mine is two weeks old. They responded quickly and said it works in their test JK, but are willing to issue a refund even after I cut the four rear seat mount access points out...so props to them. That said, I have come across half a dozen other folks who have had the same problem with it....so if you decide to buy it, save the box.

261 - 280 of 313 Posts