Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
scuba_steve said:
Mine is two weeks old. They responded quickly and said it works in their test JK, but are willing to issue a refund even after I cut the four rear seat mount access points out...so props to them. That said, I have come across half a dozen other folks who have had the same problem with it....so if you decide to buy it, save the box.
Ouch sorry man those quadratec guys are like those sour patch kids commercials, sour then they're sweet.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Mine is two weeks old. They responded quickly and said it works in their test JK, but are willing to issue a refund even after I cut the four rear seat mount access points out...so props to them. That said, I have come across half a dozen other folks who have had the same problem with it....so if you decide to buy it, save the box.
Hmmmm.....good to know. Maybe it is different with the 4-doors?

Or...I might just go old school...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not a list of mods not to do but advice.

I've seen something similar to this somewhere in the pages of this thread so this is pretty much just reiterating the same but research whatever it is you want to do.

Figure out what you want to do, to the most extreme level, even if you only plan to go to this extreme a few times a year and plan your mods around that balanced against how you spend most of the time in your vehicle. Chances are you can find a balance that allows both ends of the spectrum but you've got to be honest with yourself (across the spectrum) in how you intend to use the vehicle.

37" tires, four inch lift and deep gears looks and sounds cool (got them all plus many other mods) but it makes for a miserable daily driver but I built it for the purpose of camping and playing and will have a different DD in a year or two.

·
Registered
523 Posts
LIV DRTY said:
Can you please explain why you wouldn't go larger than 18" wheels?
To heavy plus the weight of the tires you would lose so much power yea it looks good but for off roading you could break things

·
Registered
823 Posts
Larger than 18" wheels is unpopular for numerous reasons:
1. It is simply more expensive.
2. You have less ability to air down and the tires have less flex which makes it harder to grip onto obstacles.
3. Potential damage to the wheel is increased as it is larger and more likely to come into contact with trail debris
4. A >18" wheel and tire combo is heavier than a equivalent <18"

·
Registered
952 Posts
mattdenney07 said:
Contributing....

The gutter mesh grill liner mod... But only if you're in an overly hot environment. I live in Las Vegas, and this dry heat 110 degrees crap destroys the zip tie adhesive blocks that we all use. Just don't do it if you live somewhere that gets over 100 degrees-ish. I walked out to my Jeep one Saturday afternoon and half of my grill liner was completely folded backwards, and I used a layer of super glue on top of the regular adhesive that comes on the zip tie blocks. Just FYI!
When I put mine on, I used JB weld to attach the metal to the plastic along with the zip ties and holders. They aren't going nowhere.

·
Registered
714 Posts
370z is junk. No offense but it is and I'm sorry if I offended you but good for you in school for engineering I'm in grad school now finishing my finance and business MBA already have my minor in computer and civil engineering. Stick with it veer towards civil if I were you a lot of money there. They're are a lot more mechanical engineers out there but civil engineers who are needed for huge money city projects and reconstructions are where the big money is at
Hey I own a 370, what makes it junk?

·
Jeeper
1,305 Posts
Not a list of mods not to do but advice.

I've seen something similar to this somewhere in the pages of this thread so this is pretty much just reiterating the same but research whatever it is you want to do.

Figure out what you want to do, to the most extreme level, even if you only plan to go to this extreme a few times a year and plan your mods around that balanced against how you spend most of the time in your vehicle. Chances are you can find a balance that allows both ends of the spectrum but you've got to be honest with yourself (across the spectrum) in how you intend to use the vehicle.

37" tires, four inch lift and deep gears looks and sounds cool (got them all plus many other mods) but it makes for a miserable daily driver but I built it for the purpose of camping and playing and will have a different DD in a year or two.
This makes me sad. I think I'm still going to go with the 37s though. My DD commute is only about 5 miles, though I am sure I will find it comical trying to put a child in a car seat when it's 5 inches higher than where it is now; may have to hop in the back seat to secure the baby.

·
Registered
414 Posts
This makes me sad. I think I'm still going to go with the 37s though. My DD commute is only about 5 miles, though I am sure I will find it comical trying to put a child in a car seat when it's 5 inches higher than where it is now; may have to hop in the back seat to secure the baby.
I should have clarified, my daily driving, at one point was anywhere up to 50 miles round trip depending on where I had to go for my work. 5 to 10 miles daily isn't bad.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not so much a "don't do mod", but a pet peeve:
lifting a Jeep, putting 35's on it, and doing nothing more than driving on asphalt 7 days a week. If you waste your money on making a Jeep a rock crawler and you NEVER take it out to Moab or don't even hit the local trails in it and get it muddy, I just have to shake my head. My buddy has a beautiful JK he lifted and slapped some nice wheels and tires on, threw the aftermarket bumpers with a winch on it. Talked to him the other day and he laughed when I asked him where some of the best places to wheel are..he said, "the wife would kill me if I got mud on this thing". Ugh. I guess he needs the winch to pull out the Sago Palm stumps out of his front yard while she watches re-runs of General Hospital.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
lifting a Jeep, putting 35's on it, and doing nothing more than driving on asphalt 7 days a week. If you waste your money on making a Jeep a rock crawler and you NEVER take it out to Moab or don't even hit the local trails in it and get it muddy, I just have to shake my head. My buddy has a beautiful JK he lifted and slapped some nice wheels and tires on, threw the aftermarket bumpers with a winch on it. Talked to him the other day and he laughed when I asked him where some of the best places to wheel are..he said, "the wife would kill me if I got mud on this thing". Ugh. I guess he needs the winch to pull out the Sago Palm stumps out of his front yard while she watches re-runs of General Hospital.
Was it your money? Then who cares.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
This is the way most moded 4x4's are used. I dont see a problem at all since it pays the bills for a lot of folks in the aftermarket business. I do hate it though when someone with one of these rigs starts talking about how bad ass it is when they dont have a clue what the rig can or cant do.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Do NOt add a bumper sticker that says "FAT Chicks" with the circle and red line thru it!!!! I had every big ***** yelling at me at work to remove the damn thing for months! Lucky the McRib came out recently so they are busy for the next few weeks gives me a friggin break.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Do NOt add a bumper sticker that says "FAT Chicks" with the circle and red line thru it!!!! I had every big ***** yelling at me at work to remove the damn thing for months! Lucky the McRib came out recently so they are busy for the next few weeks gives me a friggin break.
SCREW YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!

I just had a lot of reconstructive surgery done on my face and you have no idea how much it hurts to laugh as hard as I just did.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
LOL!!! Now thats funny right there! And also scary!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This is the way most moded 4x4's are used. I dont see a problem at all since it pays the bills for a lot of folks in the aftermarket business. I do hate it though when someone with one of these rigs starts talking about how bad ass it is when they dont have a clue what the rig can or cant do.
My old truck had a sticker that read "Lift it! Fat chicks can't jump!"

·
Super Moderator
22,455 Posts
My old truck had a sticker that read "Lift it! Fat chicks can't jump!"
Not sure why, but I notice a fair amount of jeep owners are a bit over weight.

281 - 300 of 313 Posts