Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
jadmt said:
Not sure why, but I notice a fair amount of jeep owners are a bit over weight.
Guilty...

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
dukedallas said:
Do NOt add a bumper sticker that says "FAT Chicks" with the circle and red line thru it!!!! I had every big ***** yelling at me at work to remove the damn thing for months! Lucky the McRib came out recently so they are busy for the next few weeks gives me a friggin break.
I just spent 10 minutes trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard.....

Them things will blow your shocks out!

And to add something helpful:

lights on-top of the jeep. Like on a light bar or roof rack. If its lifted then its just more stuff to whack off of tree branches....

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
There do seem to be a lot of YJ/TJ owners checking out this thread. Like me, just curious to see what the next generation brings. I would recommend JK owners check out the same thread in the TJ forum. In my opinion there are more actual vehicle modifications and opinions as to why they worked or not. Might be something that would save you time or money on your build.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not so much a "don't do mod", but a pet peeve:
lifting a Jeep, putting 35's on it, and doing nothing more than driving on asphalt 7 days a week. If you waste your money on making a Jeep a rock crawler and you NEVER take it out to Moab or don't even hit the local trails in it and get it muddy, I just have to shake my head. My buddy has a beautiful JK he lifted and slapped some nice wheels and tires on, threw the aftermarket bumpers with a winch on it. Talked to him the other day and he laughed when I asked him where some of the best places to wheel are..he said, "the wife would kill me if I got mud on this thing". Ugh. I guess he needs the winch to pull out the Sago Palm stumps out of his front yard while she watches re-runs of General Hospital.
Not so much a "don't do mod", but a pet peeve:

One person assuming know, exactly, how some other person uses their 4x4 based on one comment.

·
Registered
213 Posts
There do seem to be a lot of YJ/TJ owners checking out this thread. Like me, just curious to see what the next generation brings. I would recommend JK owners check out the same thread in the TJ forum. In my opinion there are more actual vehicle modifications and opinions as to why they worked or not. Might be something that would save you time or money on your build.
Ironic that we would have to go to their thread to find out what mods might work best! Good point though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ironic that we would have to go to their thread to find out what mods might work best! Good point though.
2 (this one being one of the two) of the 3 JK forums I follow, I follow primarily for entertainment value. More often than not, on the two, an OP posts a question and before you know it the responses are so far removed from the original topic as to be laughable, which provides the entertainment.

While I'm at it, as this particular post demonstrates, I do occasionaly add to the off topic conversation also.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Snazzmeister said:
Why is it anytime I see anything bad happening to a Jeep on these forums, it seems to be in Pennsylvania? From what I can gather, Moab is beans compared to what goes on up there. :D
That's because we know how to have fun!!!

301 - 313 of 313 Posts