Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved the "mods to avoid and why thread" and thought it was a great resource before people spend their hard-earned cash. So I thought, why not make a thread about the opposite. What mod do you think was your single best investment that you would do again in a heartbeat?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1) Not sure if you want to call it a MOD or not, but my no-doubt-I-made-the-right-decision item is my half-doors. Why? Looks more jeepish and they are very easy to remove. Half-door heaven, baby!

2) And removing the carpet if you have the top or doors off.
It's very easy and you never have to worry about retaining water in your foot and jack wells again.

3) And JKS Quicker Disco's -- too easy and too awesome for wheeling.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The blinker mod

cost to benefit ratio = .00000000000000000000000000001

that's only because there is a slight value to the copper in the wire.

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I love all my mods. They are all for different reasons. The best investment IMO was re-gear to 5.13 but of course you need 35" tires for that and wheels, lift etc for the 35's. I can't choose just one mod. Mine were all necessary for what I use my Jeep for.

-Dan

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
My "to mod" list is getting expensive.
I've already purchased a couple...but two mods that I WILL purchase before my Jeep arrives are:

Rampage Locking Hood Catch
Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure (long)

Gotta keep things secure....

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Favorite is the Trektop NX. But the lift, regrearing, front E-Lockers and RR XHD with winch were very useful mods. One of my favorite for looks mod was the AEV Heat Reduction Hood

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Synergy frame handles, and bilsteins 5100's, especially now that I'm towing on a regular basis

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
My "to mod" list is getting expensive.
I've already purchased a couple...but two mods that I WILL purchase before my Jeep arrives are:

Rampage Locking Hood Catch
Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure (long)

Gotta keep things secure....
Bestop locking underseat storage is a good security mod also.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Front grill mesh (of some form). Don't want to be replacing the condenser to soon now!

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Bestop locking underseat storage is a good security mod also.
I'm going back and forth on that (Bestop or Tuffy). Wasn't originally planning on getting the "long" version of the Tuffy trunk enclosure...but now I am....so I gotta save up more money. I would really like a combination lock instead of a key lock. I would prefer to not have a different key for the hood, ignition, and underseat storage on the same keychain.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Replacing my headlights. I did a HID conversion and the change is tremendous. Stock lights are so weak, it's practically unsafe.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Front grill mesh (of some form). Don't want to be replacing the condenser to soon now!
That is on my list.

Replacing my headlights. I did a HID conversion and the change is tremendous. Stock lights are so weak, it's practically unsafe.
And so are new headlights....but not a full HID conversion.

·
Jeeper
1,307 Posts
Favorite is the Trektop NX. But the lift, regrearing, front E-Lockers and RR XHD with winch were very useful mods. One of my favorite for looks mod was the AEV Heat Reduction Hood
The AEV hood looks cool, but does it actually reduce the heat in the engine? I haven't heard complaints of overheating with the stock hood which is why I'm asking.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts