Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed arb twin air compressor on my 2dr jk. Air fittings at front and rear bumpers. Finally got to use the other day to air up 4 tires (315/70-17). Noticed a lot of moisture in lines. White moisture when removing air chuck.

What do you folks do to minimize it? Air tank, cooled cooler, water trap?

Thx

·
Super Moderator
5,138 Posts
It is the same as any compressed air system. When you compress air you force the moisture out of the air. So you want to drain the tanks when you de-pressurize them.
Aluminum tanks are as sensitive to the moisture as steel tanks are, but the moisture will still cause issues with whatever they are supplying compressed air to. You can put a moisture trap in, but I doubt that is required. Just drain the tanks on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I run a moisture trap at the end of the air line, just before the air gauge / chuck. It collects a significant amount of water, especially when it's really humid outside.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
ARB twin doesn't have tanks. I don't worry about it. Rubber and coated aluminum wheels don't care about moisture. If it bothers you, add a water separator like big air compressors use. Not sure how'd you mount it.

LOL!
Well... maybe in FL, rubber and coated aluminum wheels don't care about moisture, but in paces where it goes below freezing they sure will care.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Yeah I don’t have any added on tanks but figured it would be good to have so water can collect on bottom where it can be drained but not much room on 2dr jk.

I just ordered some moisture traps to put inline. Hopefully that works.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts