Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mojave Trail Adventure

Date: March 11, 12 & 13, 2016
Time: 6:00am to 6:30am. roll out at 7:00am.
Meeting Spot: Chevron – off hwy 15 & 138 (3260 Wagon Trail Road, Phelan)

2nd Meeting Spot: Chevron gas station - 105 Palm Gardens Dr, Searchlight, NV 89046 12:00pm.
Gas up and air down. Hit the road at 12:30pm.

Day 1)
Hit the Mojave Rd Trail to Hart Mine / ghost town. Hart was an old mining town. Gold was discovered on December 19, 1907 by Bill Hart. Here is a link about the town: Hart Mine History

Depending on our timing, we can camp here or keep pressing forward to Barnwell Ranch Road.

Day 2)
Next stop, Hart Mine Road to Barnwell Ranch Road heading to Copper World Smelter, Valley Wells off Cima Rd., located on the other side of hwy 15. There is a Shell gas station where we can refuel if needed. There are a few cool this to explore here that look interesting. He can have lunch here.

Next, we will make our way to Shadow Mountain Rd to Aiken Mine Rd. This road goes through Aiken Mine, the back side of the Lava Tubes and will eventually connect to the Mojave Rd Trail / Old Government Trail. Depending on time, we can camp out around here.

Day 3)
Travel back through Afton to Camp Caddy. We missed Camp Caddy last time, so maybe we can find it this time.

4x4 Required. Must have Jeep in good working condition.

What to bring:

Plenty of food & water
Warm clothes
2 bundles of firewood.
Tools & tow straps
Sleeping bag & tent.
1 extra 5 gallon can of fuel
Medical kit
Camping stove

Going:
RedDevil69
James Harvey