Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I've just pulled out my soft top from the garage to put back on. It's been in my Florida garage for about 6 months. In that time a considerable amount of mildew and mold had covered the inside cloth of the soft top. I have tried various cleaning products including: baking soda + bleach, bleach, borax and Mean Green Cleaner. Although the soft top is in slightly better condition than before, it is still pretty rough. Does anyone have any suggestions for salvaging this?

First Image (Worst Area)
Second Image
Third Image

Thank you in advance,
Jeff

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
That's pretty bad, good luck getting it cleaned up reasonably well. I dunno if this will totally clear it up, likely not since mildew/mold can permanently stain, but I'd first soak it repeatedly for 3-4 days with aerosol Lysol to insure all the mold is completely dead. Then I'd take it to the local coin-op car wash and go after the mold with the high pressure soapy sprayer and a brush. Not much withstands that high pressure soapy sprayer in my experience.

·
Registered
541 Posts
^^^That sounds like the plan i would use. Although I would hand scrub it with Lysol Mr Clean. You might also try some brands of carpet/upolstery foaming cleaner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts