Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys...my 92 jeep has a bestop replacement top, the molding on the side of the windshield that would close the gap when the soft uppers are on is missing leaving about a 1 1/2 gap. all i can find out there is replacement moldings to fit with original factory hardtops. i know this won't work without some modifications...anyone now of replacement moldings that would do the job?

·
Administrator
12,512 Posts
YJ eh.. YJ guys might know more.. but give bestop a call they might be able to help.Would one from a CJ work?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what molding you mean. You have a Bestop softop? Where exactly are the moldings supposed to be?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the moldings must have been on the door with the original factory softtop...its a black molded plastic strip that attaches to the outside of the windshield and forms the seal when the soft upper door is shut...they weren't on the jeep when i bought it, screw holes are there...i saw a jeep today, same year, with a factory soft top and the strips were on there...the yconnect to the factory hardtop where the new frame for the replacement top hitches so if i buy the OEM replacements, i will need to cut them down...my jeep isn't weatherproofed without these because the door uppers have a big gap between them and the windshield

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I think it's likely that you just need to adjust your windshield back some. The bar from the roll bar to the windshield is adjustabke in length. you should be able to loosen everything up and adjust it until the gap is gone. My door uppers don't have what you are refering to. I don't think it is supposed to have it either. I'm fairly certain you just need to adjust.

Guys, what do yall think??

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a best top replacement top on my 95 yj. the up right door seals fit fine but i also have factory hardware. i repalced my door seals this year from 4wdharware.com perfect match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts