Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fine folks ever hear about an area called Benolken Ranch? I so , can you tell me a little about the area?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I googled it and it appears to be off Trail Creek Road in Park County. Hay meadows, a little logging, and subdivision around it-assuming 20 to 40 acre tracks.

There was a lot of historic coal mining in that area and you can still follow the railroad grade that served the mines up from Chestnut (on I90). Deer, elk, an occasional moose and big kitty, lots of black bears, and these days wouldn't be too surprised if you even ran into a grizzly. Pretty sure brookies are in most of those streams.

Guessing the annual precip is about 18 to 20" and I would expect that to include an occasional significant snow dump.

All in all, a reasonably pleasant area and easy access to Bozeman and Livingston. If hunting, fishing, skiing or just about any other outdoor activity is your thing, this is a great area to live in.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I googled it and it appears to be off Trail Creek Road in Park County. Hay meadows, a little logging, and subdivision around it-assuming 20 to 40 acre tracks.

There was a lot of historic coal mining in that area and you can still follow the railroad grade that served the mines up from Chestnut (on I90). Deer, elk, an occasional moose and big kitty, lots of black bears, and these days wouldn't be too surprised if you even ran into a grizzly. Pretty sure brookies are in most of those streams.

Guessing the annual precip is about 18 to 20" and I would expect that to include an occasional significant snow dump.

All in all, a reasonably pleasant area and easy access to Bozeman and Livingston. If hunting, fishing, skiing or just about any other outdoor activity is your thing, this is a great area to live in.
I did the Google giggle too. I thank you for your information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts