Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the national media focused on Harvey aftermath, didn't realize your state is in varying states of incineration. Scheduled to leave in two days for Western South Dakota/Eastern Wyoming for a week and then on to Glacier NP. Or not.

Can you local folks steer me to reliable websites for current status of wildfires that are updated at least daily? Would you detour to Tetons/Yellowstone and plan Montana/Glacier for another trip?

·
Registered
196 Posts
With the national media focused on Harvey aftermath, didn't realize your state is in varying states of incineration. Scheduled to leave in two days for Western South Dakota/Eastern Wyoming for a week and then on to Glacier NP. Or not.

Can you local folks steer me to reliable websites for current status of wildfires that are updated at least daily? Would you detour to Tetons/Yellowstone and plan Montana/Glacier for another trip?

I was in Montana last week. We were suppose to go to Glacier NP. But they closed the Going to the Sun Road from Lake McDonald to Logan Pass. So we had to cancel our excursion there. I do believe it is still closed now. So yes, I would look at detouring to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone.

P.S. Also note the the road between Norris and Mammoth Springs is closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts