Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is another thread on this lift. But it is getting off topic. So I wanted to start a new thread and get back on topic.

So I purchased a 2016 Willys that should be here end of Sept first of OCT. I am stacking parts right now.

I just purchased the Mopar 2in lift kit with fox shocks and looking at geometry correction drop brackets.

Everyone seems to like the AEV but I do not like the fact you have to bolt it together. I was wondering if the JKS bracket might not be a better fit for me. But it only has two adjustment positions for lifts. 2IN> and 4In. It does include new bump-stops also. Which I do not know if I will need or if the Mopar lift comes with them already. Price is not a issue. I just want the best quality.

So has anyone stepped up to the JKS or rancho or another drop bracket other than the AEV or am I over thinking it.

Since I have another month to go is there anything else I need to install this lift right the first time. Without going back into it later to tweak it? Thanks for the Help.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have not seen the AEV brackets first hand only pictures but I have the Ranchos and they are really solid well made and fit perfectly.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I recently installed the 2" Mopar Kit with fox shocks on my 2015 Unlimited Hard Rock. I also installed the AEV drop brackets. They do bolt together but are solid when all done. I do like they more adjustments should I add more lift as well.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I have the AEV brackets and they are fine.
Very adjustable if you decide to go higher,

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
I just purchased the Mopar 2in lift kit with fox shocks and looking at geometry correction drop brackets.

Everyone seems to like the AEV but I do not like the fact you have to bolt it together. I was wondering if the JKS bracket might not be a better fit for me. But it only has two adjustment positions for lifts. 2IN> and 4In. It does include new bump-stops also. Which I do not know if I will need or if the Mopar lift comes with them already. Price is not a issue. I just want the best quality.

So has anyone stepped up to the JKS or rancho or another drop bracket other than the AEV or am I over thinking it.
Perhaps you should run point lead and install the JKS drop brackets..

It appears they are pretty stout .. Completely Boxed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,533 Posts
While the holes shouldn't make much difference, it does at times. We have had standard 2.5 installations where caster was still low at the top hole using the standard measurement process... A move to the middle was tried and worked. I'm looking for the post.

There hasn't been any posts that I am aware of where the AEV brackets failed due to being not as durable as something else. The Rancho's have a solid following here as well.

However, like @zdale if I was putting them on, I would probably put on the JKS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So the JKS brackets are for me. Should not have a Problem using the 2in. Hole for the 2in. Mopar lift.

So far I have the mopar lift, a set of Hard rock bumpers, some aev 1.5 spacers. Plan is to run 285-70-17 on the OE rims. I do not do any hard wheeling mostly beach and fire roads. So this should give me a good ride all away around.

Is there anything else I am missing. Do I need to lengthen the brake lines? Anything else the MOPAR kit is lacking or weak on that while I am installing it I should upgrade or replace. Only want to do this once.

Thank you

·
UConn Husky
544 Posts
Could you elaborate?
I don't like elaborating on things like this, because I hate saying stuff against products.

I don't like drop brackets if you wheel at all. They do a great job with correcting steering geometry on the roads. If all you do is streets and trails, they are great.

But if you wheel, then they hang down under the jeep. And stuff that hangs down takes hits, gets hung on stuff, etc. So as a philosophical point of view, I try to eliminate objects hanging under my jeep. Drag link flip kits, relocate the steering stabilizer, things like that. Here is my old jeep which was wrecked.

So I am fan of changing control arms. My jeep is my DD, and I want to build it so I can drive it home at the end of the day, and have been known not to use good sense when wheeling on occasion. So I tend to over engineer.

Metalcloak pays more attention to steering geometry than most vendors. I just ordered a lift from them, and they needed to know the backspacing and offset of my wheels because they have different control arms depending on that, to better correct the caster. I also like how solid they engineer their stuff, and there are other companies I like as well - Teraflex, Rock Krawler, Clayton.

So if I was not going to wheel hard and went drop brackets, I would chose Metalcloak.

TF/Mopar (Tf makes the Mopar lifts) has a nice set of fixed control arms for short lifts btw.

Hope this answers the question.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I purchased the JKS Drop brackets and they where installed Nov 2015 along with my mopar lift. Jeep had 200 miles on it. Jeep now has 4800 miles on it and this is what the JKS bracket looks like. Have a email sent to JKS to see what if anything they are wiling to do. Will report back.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
I for one like JKS products, but that is definitely not acceptable. Make sure they replace those.

On an unrelated note, sometimes I do not like powdercoating, as if not prepped correctly, they will lift off in chunks, whereas paint just rubs off or scraps off in that area only.

It seems the pressure of the bolt and the washer rubbing against it, lifted it off and maybe prep was not good in the area...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well JKS Says that they will not warranty it.

I agree that it looks very much like the part was not prepped properly before powder coating. The Bracket on the drivers side is perfect. These have been on here for 5 months. No damage, no 4-wheeling, vehicle is garage kept and has less than 5k miles on it. This is not acceptable. I have lost faith in the product and the people who make it. I will not buy there products ever again.

I am going to buy some AEV or Rancho and Swap them out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
So the JKS brackets are for me. Should not have a Problem using the 2in. Hole for the 2in. Mopar lift.

So far I have the mopar lift, a set of Hard rock bumpers, some aev 1.5 spacers. Plan is to run 285-70-17 on the OE rims. I do not do any hard wheeling mostly beach and fire roads. So this should give me a good ride all away around.

Is there anything else I am missing. Do I need to lengthen the brake lines? Anything else the MOPAR kit is lacking or weak on that while I am installing it I should upgrade or replace. Only want to do this once.

Thank you
The Mopar lift includes brackets and instructions for the brake lines. Nothing else needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts