Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5183 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed this exact kit? Quadratech says it has only been in their system since late last month. Local dealer says it is an old part number. I have not heard back from Mopar yet.

It is listed in the newer Performance Catalog that is pretty new. Uses FOX Racing Shox 2.0 Performance Series IFP shocks.

I plan on using AEV brackets not the caster bolts.

If so can you share how much lift change you got? Do you like it so far?

I know everyone likes AEV and I almost went that route but I am not going bigger than 33 tires (pizza cutters) and really like the idea of a 2 inch lift. I also considered RockKrawler but want to keep as much stock as possible, so Mopar has a great draw and at the price looks good for what you get.

My 2014 JK has the 10A or X bumpers on it so they are light and I do not want more than 2-2.5 lift.

Thanks.

JcinAZ

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I thought I would add some more info for those that may be searching for more details on this lift.

I called Mopar and they pointed out that this is a Mopar part number now 77070088 unlike the other Performance part numbers that start with a P such as the other, maybe older 2 inch lift P5156116. So I was told this is a brand new lift that has been developed by Mopar.

I also found a short write up here about the new lift -
Jeep Confronts the Aftermarket Head-on With New Mopar Parts - Kelley Blue Book

For the price and that it is, and a true Mopar lift I am going to try it. I am still interested if anyone else has installed one yet. Quadratec said I was the first to order it from them. My local shop could not beat their price, but can get Mopar parts pretty cheap which was interesting.

I will update when I receive it and get it installed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
627 Posts
Any updates on this yet? I'm impatiently awiting the results of this kit ;).

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just ordered this kit this morning from Quadratec. I spoke to them after I placed the order and they said they actually order the kit from a local Mopar dealer and it takes them about a week to get in so I should have it in a couple of weeks. Interesting because when I called my own local Jeep dealer they said the 2" kit was discontinued. Maybe this new kit wasn't in their system yet.

Will report back after it's installed.

I was on the fence between this and the TeraFlex 2.5" kit but the Fox shocks really swayed me. I'm going to be running 33" Trail Grapplers w/ AEV bumpers so I think this should be the perfect amount of height.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good Ol Ebay, no other site has a picture of this kit except Ebay. I picked up my big Jeep box yesterday late after having it on will call at the trucking yard. I have not opened it yet, I know, I was very busy yesterday. It looks just like this pick. I will be taking my time doing the install so tbizness may beat me to it, but I will take pics when I can.

Ebay picture is at this listing - http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/181597847505?lpid=82

·
Registered
369 Posts
jcinaz, any scoop on those springs would be great. As in any indication of who might be making them or did Jeep/Mopar actually have them produced themselves. Also, the extended length on those shocks would be great. I am thinking they will be 25".

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TxJprs, I will when I can.

Also to anyone interested in this lift, note in the pics that what you get vs the Quadratec list of parts included is totally off.

Also note the picture above is not from my box but from the Ebay seller. I do not expect mine to be different. With the drive shaft and shocks though it is a pretty cool lift. I also ordered the Rubicon required longer front sway bar links and AEV Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Anyone know how much this would cost in labor to install, if the dealer did the work?

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
TxJprs, I will when I can.

Also to anyone interested in this lift, note in the pics that what you get vs the Quadratec list of parts included is totally off.

Also note the picture above is not from my box but from the Ebay seller. I do not expect mine to be different. With the drive shaft and shocks though it is a pretty cool lift. I also ordered the Rubicon required longer front sway bar links and AEV Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets.
Is that a front or rear shaft?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Anyone know how much this would cost in labor to install, if the dealer did the work?
Steve White Motors quoted $495 I recall. I have it in another post I started on this lift.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Front drive shaft

Wrangler 2" lift kit With fox racing Shox Feature the new FOX Racing Shox 2 0 Performance Series IFP shock Its brushed aluminum shock body dissipates heat faster than conventional steel and combines with other race-inspired technology to provide incredible fade-free performance, precise handling and stability Hard chrome plated heat treated shock shaft and redundant sealing system does not require a dust boot Includes four tuned coil springs, brake line, track bar brackets, Double Cardin front drive shaft (3 6L engine) and all the hardware required for a complete installation Backed by Mopar® warranty

‘12-’14 4-Door #77070088*
‘12-’14 2-Door #77070095*
‘07-’11 4-Door, for 3 8L engine #77070089* ‘07-’11 2-Door, for 3 8L engine #77070094*

$1,725.00 $1,725.00 $995.00 $995.00

1 - 20 of 5183 Posts