Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

5181 - 5183 of 5183 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
@Lou E being from NJ, check out Globex in Toms River If you want to regear or at least talk to a shop.
I have heard good things about them. I think @cthusker went there for gears from CT.

I understand wanting to keep the OEM wheels. I am running 285 75 17 on my factory Willys wheels with the Mopar lift
Indeed I had excellent service from Globex in Toms River, NJ. I'll give you how thorough they were installing my AEV 2.5 lift. Every single bolt position was marked when it was torqued to spec. If for any reason something loosens up it's immediately apparent by looking at the where the bolts are marked. I thought that was smart because I've been checking the AEV parts to make sure they are still tight. A small detail but it shows that shop does make sure things are done right. It's an older shop but the work is first class imo. It was also completed EXACTLY on time. No BS stories why it wasn't finished on time!

·
Super Moderator
22,440 Posts
[
Indeed I had excellent service from Globex in Toms River, NJ. I'll give you how thorough they were installing my AEV 2.5 lift. Every single bolt position was marked when it was torqued to spec. If for any reason something loosens up it's immediately apparent by looking at the where the bolts are marked. I thought that was smart because I've been checking the AEV parts to make sure they are still tight. A small detail but it shows that shop does make sure things are done right. It's an older shop but the work is first class imo. It was also completed EXACTLY on time. No BS stories why it wasn't finished on time!

View attachment 4432826
while that is a good thing to do and that way you know the parts were probably properly torqued when installed, believe it or not they can still look good and have loosened up. I have had that happen the paint lines are looking good but the back side will loosen. even with paint marks you need to retorq from time to time. Heck that bottom bolt looks like it might need some attention :)

·
Registered
749 Posts
[

while that is a good thing to do and that way you know the parts were probably properly torqued when installed, believe it or not they can still look good and have loosened up. I have had that happen the paint lines are looking good but the back side will loosen. even with paint marks you need to retorq from time to time. Heck that bottom bolt looks like it might need some attention :)
I did check it and it's good and tight.......... So far nothing moved in the past 750 miles since the install. Obviously you can't be to careful making sure new installs stay secure.

5181 - 5183 of 5183 Posts