Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

5201 - 5220 of 5272 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Swapping out the Teraflex Outback springs tomorrow and installing the Mopar springs I already had sitting in boxes.
I’ll be adding a poly spring correction doohickey in the back and a 1” coil spacer in the front.
I’m front heavy.. ARB stubby bumper with an X20 10k winch and a Rugged Ridge front skid which is also heavy. From what I’ve read here in this thread it seems sag is anywhere from 0.25-0.75” with weight up front.
I’m not a huge fan of rake but a teeny tiny is ok.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Literally right after the install with all my tools and jacks in the back. Over 100# worth of stuff. I’ll give it time to settle in. Holy cow Setting 1 on the Falcon 3.3 with the Mopar springs makes for a VERY smooth ride. I like it. Almost feels like the stock Rubi suspension. Setting 2.1 was a bit firm. Not bad but a little stiffer. Haven’t tried Setting 3 yet.

As per my previous post, I have a 1” coil spacer in the front and a Synergy wedge in the rear. The front has an ARB stubby bumper along with an X2O 10k winch and a Rugged Ridge sway motor skid.

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Literally right after the install with all my tools and jacks in the back. Over 100# worth of stuff. I’ll give it time to settle in. Holy cow Setting 1 on the Falcon 3.3 with the Mopar springs makes for a VERY smooth ride. I like it. Almost feels like the stock Rubi suspension. Setting 2.1 was a bit firm. Not bad but a little stiffer. Haven’t tried Setting 3 yet.

As per my previous post, I have a 1” coil spacer in the front and a Synergy wedge in the rear. The front has an ARB stubby bumper along with an X2O 10k winch and a Rugged Ridge sway motor skid.
Thanks for the side shot. Those are stock tires, right? Everybody puts angled picks up with their new tires and it was hard to judge what that lift really does (for me anyways).

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks for the side shot. Those are stock tires, right? Everybody puts angled picks up with their new tires and it was hard to judge what that lift really does (for me anyways).
Yeah stock tires with almost 40k miles on them. The pic was taken on the wide angle setting on my phone. I’ll get better pics tomorrow that aren’t wide angle.
So far it looks like I dropped an inch all around compared to the Teraflex Outback springs when I took quick measurements.

·
Super Moderator
23,666 Posts
measure from center of hub to bottom of flares. that takes the tire size out of the equation.

Reactions: 021411

·
Registered
928 Posts
Right, but it’s hard to judge the look when people have 35’s or 37’s.
I want to do the lift with my stock 32 inch tires. 35’s and 37’s require more maintenance over time than 32’s would. I realize the bigger tires give clearance offroad, but I’m not rock crawling. I hope to do Moab one of these days and that is why I want a lift kit.

·
Super Moderator
23,666 Posts
That is good

Reactions: HyeClmr and 021411

·
Registered
503 Posts
I measured the stock suspension using the attached diagrams and did the same with the Mopar springs today. I have about 24 hours on the springs and probably 60 miles up to this point.

From stock to the Mopar springs with the addition of 1” coil spacers up front and Synergy wedges in the back, I’m averaging 4.0” between the front and 2.6” in the back. The gas tank is full and I have my normal daily payload in the back. ARB stubby bumper with winch and skid plate and an ARB bumper in the rear. Also added is a Teraflex HD hinge.
Threw a level on the rock rail and it seems dead on for now in my garage.

I also attached a picture of the Teraflex Outback vs Mopar. Looks very similar but there is a measurable difference.

The shocks are Falcon 3.3 in the 1.5-2.5" lift flavor. I have 5 7/8" of exposed shock shaft out of 10" up front and the rear I have 5 3/4" (back right) and 6" (back left) showing.

And in case you were curious, center of hub to flare was 23 3/4" front and 23 1/4" (BL), 22 5/8" (BR). I picked a spot on the bottom of the flare that didn't change depending on the angle I was looking at it so it's give or take measurement but close enough to get a ball park idea.

Attachments

·
Vendor
14 Posts
Am I good with the rear track bar or do I need to move it up to the top hole? I want to say Clayton Offroad said the bottom hole is good to 3” or so. The top is reserved for the higher lifts up to 6” or something. Can’t recall.
Bottom hole usually works for 2-3" of lift, top hole 3-4" of lift! However that's just a starting point, you can always try using both and then measuring to see which one gets your track closer to where it needs to be. If you want to get it absolutely perfect, we do have an adjustable rear track bar where at that point you would just set it in the top hole and then adjust the track bar accordingly. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2017 JKUS
210 Posts
After following this thread for years and drooling over how awesome everyone’s Jeep’s look, it’s frustrating to finally be ready to buy this and nobody has it available. One dealership that was actually willing to put the order in, parts guy is awesome BTW, went from saying it would be available on the 8th to now it being available on the 21st. Not their fault, just what the factory is telling them. I have a feeling that as I get closer to the 21st it will be pushed out again...

I am getting to the point where I really need tires and shocks, if one of these doesn’t show up soon I’ll just have to continue with a factory looking Jeep. That’s just the way things go sometimes...

·
Super Moderator
23,666 Posts
if it is just the look you are after throw on an AEV 2" lift with some rancho rs5000x shocks.

Reactions: 4fit

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
the AEV 2.5 is a good lift that I would not hesitate to use if the Mopar was not available.

I got my Mopar 2" back around January and there was a wait back then.

·
Super Moderator
23,666 Posts
the AEV 2.5 is a good lift that I would not hesitate to use if the Mopar was not available.

I got my Mopar 2" back around January and there was a wait back then.
unfortunately AEV appears to be having some supply issues with Bilstien right now.

·
Registered
2017 JKUS
210 Posts
if it is just the look you are after throw on an AEV 2" lift with some rancho rs5000x shocks.
Thank you for the suggestion but I need the mopar 2” lift kit because of the max care warranty. I plan on keeping this thing until I’m too old to get in it or the warranty runs out, whichever comes first. lol

·
Super Moderator
6,199 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion but I need the mopar 2” lift kit because of the max care warranty. I plan on keeping this thing until I’m too old to get in it or the warranty runs out, whichever comes first. lol
The AEV 2" lift should meet the same 2" limit on lift that the Mopar 2" lift claims to meet, although while the AEV 2" lift is really a 2" lift the Mopar 2" lift is really a 2.5" - 3" lift.
Another option for a 2" lift is the Rancho 2" lift with progressive springs and 9000 series adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
2017 JKUS
210 Posts
Called the dealership I ordered the lift kit through and hope is alive! According to Ed, the most patient parts guy ever, kits are being made and I could have my kit the first or second week in September, exciting stuff!!!

Initially I had thoughts of installing the kit myself, but work is crazy and I have a few pretty significant house projects going that need my attention, so I’m thinking it may be best at this time to just have the dealership install the thing for me.

For those of you who had the dealership install the kit for you, any advice or suggestions on what I should ask and/or look for?

I still haven’t decided between 33 and 34 inch tires, I commute for work and average 3-400 miles a week so MPG is a real concern.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Called the dealership I ordered the lift kit through and hope is alive! According to Ed, the most patient parts guy ever, kits are being made and I could have my kit the first or second week in September, exciting stuff!!!

Initially I had thoughts of installing the kit myself, but work is crazy and I have a few pretty significant house projects going that need my attention, so I’m thinking it may be best at this time to just have the dealership install the thing for me.

For those of you who had the dealership install the kit for you, any advice or suggestions on what I should ask and/or look for?

I still haven’t decided between 33 and 34 inch tires, I commute for work and average 3-400 miles a week so MPG is a real concern.
I would bring these with you and have them install \ align to 5.0 caster (Leave the caster bolts out of the installation):

I would also bring this and have them center your front axle :

Grade 8 bolt upgrade kit for your front\rear Trackbar:

This way you are going to roll out of the dealership with good alignment numbers. Since the alignment is part of the Mopar lift kit install it makes sense to get those pieces in with the initial install.

Reactions: Lou E
5201 - 5220 of 5272 Posts