Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

5241 - 5260 of 5272 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Glad to see this back at the top. After installing the Mopar springs it appears leveling is in order. For anyone who has had this kit on a mid heavyweight JKU (just under 5K) and has given it time to settle do you think a 1" spacer up front is recommended?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Glad to see this back at the top. After installing the Mopar springs it appears leveling is in order. For anyone who has had this kit on a mid heavyweight JKU (just under 5K) and has given it time to settle do you think a 1" spacer up front is recommended?
Thats what I did and in addition I added 1/2" on my right rear since I was leaning a little. This was probably 5000 miles ago and I've seen no adverse effects.

·
Registered
143 Posts
About to change tires and was wondering if anybody is running 37s with this kit?
If so, what backspacing do your wheels have and do they rub?
I’m currently running 315/70r17 on Method 305 NVs with 0 offset and 4.5 and they rub a little on my ACE inner fenders at full stuff/full turn, so will either have to ditch the inner fenders, get new wheels or wheel spacers.
In addition to the 2” Mopar lift I have 1” spacers for leveling up front.

i'm running this setup with 37 and no issues you should be fine, i have half in spring spacers up front on mine no issues at all

·
Registered
178 Posts
2013 sport with no leveling on 35's ... I have no bumper mods ect so 0 extra lbs on my 2-door...but I still am noticing a slight droop in the rears in the 50k miles I have put on it. Front springs seem fine with no droop over time. With my lightwieght setup, what springs would be a good replacement for the rears to keep it from drooping and maintain the Mopar\fox feel which I like?

·
Registered
558 Posts
2013 sport with no leveling on 35's ... I have no bumper mods ect so 0 extra lbs on my 2-door...but I still am noticing a slight droop in the rears in the 50k miles I have put on it. Front springs seem fine with no droop over time. With my lightwieght setup, what springs would be a good replacement for the rears to keep it from drooping and maintain the Mopar\fox feel which I like?
Maybe consider the 4dr rear Mopar springs? They offer a slightly higher rate than the 2 dr springs. I posted in one of the threads but I had both in hand and measured them. The length is the same but the 4dr rear spring is slightly thicker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here’s a pic of my jeep. I kept my 1 3/4” daystar puck lift with no factory isolators. Steer smarts front track bar and Jks fixed front control arms plus their front brake line brackets. I’m going to add the jks rear arms and rock hard’s skid plate package in the future. Drives and handles great. Once I add my skids I’ll be off to Rausch Creek.
763F9762-C8D3-4187-B2A1-CA4715307A83.jpeg

·
Registered
928 Posts
Here’s a pic of my jeep. I kept my 1 3/4” daystar puck lift with no factory isolators. Steer smarts front track bar and Jks fixed front control arms plus their front brake line brackets. I’m going to add the jks rear arms and rock hard’s skid plate package in the future. Drives and handles great. Once I add my skids I’ll be off to Rausch Creek. View attachment 4467501
That is in addition to the Mopar 2” lift?? How much do isolators usually add?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes with lift. 5/8” to 3/4” thick for factory isolators. I’m going to say I gained an additional 1” maybe a little more over the lift by leaving my pucks. I figured I’ll need it with the extra weight.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Read in a thread where a dealership in Washington is installing the Mopar 2" lift for $2000. Is there any dealers or shops in Southern California installing them for anything close to this? The cheapest place I found is $2800.

·
Super Moderator
6,199 Posts
Read in a thread where a dealership in Washington is installing the Mopar 2" lift for $2000. Is there any dealers or shops in Southern California installing them for anything close to this? The cheapest place I found is $2800.
Don't know what shops there are around you. But I would not pay a dealer to install a lift.
Installing that lift is at most 1 day (eight hours) of work, and that is being generous. Then you have the price of the lift, generally they can be had for under $1400.

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
I read that also. Think it was for a JL. That lift has significantly few parts and is much easier to install. There are lots of smaller 4x4 shops around SoCal that will install that lift cheaper and better than a dealer. No matter who does the install your going to need go through the instructions and verify the parts are installed correctly. Seems a lot of posts in this thread are about incorrectly installed parts. If you a little bit mechanically inclined you could do it in your garage in a weekend. I’m old and retired and that’s what I did, 5 years later no problems or issues. Good luck, Lee.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I only have a carport with blacktop, so not enough support for jack stands. I am mechanically inclined and could do the work, but I don’t have a place to do it.

·
Super Moderator
23,666 Posts
I only have a carport with blacktop, so not enough support for jack stands. I am mechanically inclined and could do the work, but I don’t have a place to do it.
you can easily do it in a car port with black top. through a 12x12x2" or bigger board under the jackstands if you are worried about them sinking into the blacktop.

Reactions: bill61

·
Registered
928 Posts
you can easily do it in a car port with black top. through a 12x12x2" or bigger board under the jackstands if you are worried about them sinking into the blacktop.
It’s looking more and more like if I want it I am going to do it myself as $1500 for less than a day of labor at a dealership is WAY overpriced.

·
Super Moderator
6,199 Posts
I am slow, so for me it would take me two days, a weekend, to install a lift. But I am slow, and I am OCD. But I know it would be done right. I really wouldn't trust a dealer to install a lift properly even if it wasn't overpriced. Too many examples on here od dealership techs mis-installing a Mopar lift.
Installing a lift yourself isn't that bad. Just take your time, be safe, follow the directions, and pay attention to what you are doing.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Rubicon owners
Will 285 70 17 work with this lift with STOCK WHEELS?
I mean through sway bar disconnects and turning. I suspect they will rub, but would like to confirm.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Rubicon owners
Will 285 70 17 work with this lift with STOCK WHEELS?
I mean through sway bar disconnects and turning. I suspect they will rub, but would like to confirm.
With Mikey Thompson MTZ P3's, I had a slight rub so I installed 1 1/2" Spyder Tracs. I had a Jeep dealer that is also an AEV dealer with tech that specializes in lift install the Mopar 2" lift. I bought the lift on line and they installed it for $650.

I didn't really like the performance of the Thompson's and wanted to get rid of the spacers. So I went to KO2 35's and aftermarket rims and solved both issues.

Reactions: 2qik2see and bill61
5241 - 5260 of 5272 Posts