Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking at getting this 2013 JKU 10a rubicon and it already has the mopar stage 3 lift with the fox reservoir shocks and all, and was thinking what could I do to upgrade that mopar lift? As I know it doesn't come with track bars and such. So should I, a. Get two teraflex track bars (as I want heavy duty diff covers) b. Replace the whole suspension (coils, arms,t bars, etc.) or will the mopar coils and arms be fine for some rock crawling? I realize that I would spend considerably more on a new kit and am looking to just upgrade the parts that need to be. I do like mopar parts as I've always bought mopar filters and such. Oh and they mopar kit has limiting straps? No other lift kit I've seen has those?

·
Vendor
5,579 Posts
The limiting straps are there because they don't want to use the shocks as the limiting agents. That kit is mostly Teraflex parts. The same arms as the Sport FlexArms they just released. The arms are designed for a lift height of 2.5-3" so caster shouldn't be to bad. I would just add on what you feel you need (trackbars - check axle centering numbers first). Then wheel it and see if you want or need more for your wheeling style and available terrain. No sense in throwing money out the window yet.

If it works for your purposes, wheel it like you stole it. Then decide. You may consider a steering flip kit.

Allen

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I'll give her a shot, my older stock rubicon did amazing as stock and then I put on a budget boost and it pretty much did better, just rode stiff haha

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey again, I did end up buying that 13 rubicon, so far it's awesome didn't do any wheeling yet but the lift kit seems to ride a bit rough, and not sure if the drag link would need flipped? Or a track bar bracket to lift it? Also I seen that there are no brake line extensions? Unless they are adequate for flexing with this 3" kit?

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Hey again, I did end up buying that 13 rubicon, so far it's awesome didn't do any wheeling yet but the lift kit seems to ride a bit rough, and not sure if the drag link would need flipped? Or a track bar bracket to lift it? Also I seen that there are no brake line extensions? Unless they are adequate for flexing with this 3" kit?
There should be a rear track bar bracket already?
A front track bar bracket would be used along with the Drag link flip. Not totally necessary but nice to have. I'd say get a feel for how it handles first. Highsteer can be added later if desired.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There should be a rear track bar bracket already? A front track bar bracket would be used along with the Drag link flip. Not totally necessary but nice to have. I'd say get a feel for how it handles first. Highsteer can be added later if desired.
Would a drag link flip work with the stock rubicon rims? I do plan to add spacers to run 35s tho

·
Registered
134 Posts
No upgrades are necessary. Wheel it "as is" and then go from there. Your Jeep will tell you want it needs depending on your driving style and the terrain you are trying to conquer. The control arms are pretty stout, not sure why you think they would need to be upgraded. There are plently of other mods to spend your money on.

The Mopar Stage 3 kit is pretty complete (and pretty pricey to just be chucking perfectly good components). I also still have my stock track bars. For diff covers, last Friday I installed the newer "lower profile" Poison Spyder covers and they fit perfectly.

I took my JKUR on a night run the next day and smacked the front cover on at least one rock that I didn't see (it was about 3:00 a.m. at that point and I was trying to push through a little too quickly). The PS cover held up great and I'm sure glad that I was still not sporting the stock cover.

Anyway, if you just have money burning a hole in your pocket, I can send you my Amazon wish list if you like. :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No upgrades are necessary. Wheel it "as is" and then go from there. Your Jeep will tell you want it needs depending on your driving style and the terrain you are trying to conquer. The control arms are pretty stout, not sure why you think they would need to be upgraded. There are plently of other mods to spend your money on. The Mopar Stage 3 kit is pretty complete (and pretty pricey to just be chucking perfectly good components). I also still have my stock track bars. For diff covers, last Friday I installed the newer "lower profile" Poison Spyder covers and they fit perfectly. I took my JKUR on a night run the next day and smacked the front cover on at least one rock that I didn't see (it was about 3:00 a.m. at that point and I was trying to push through a little too quickly). The PS cover held up great and I'm sure glad that I was still not sporting the stock cover. Anyway, if you just have money burning a hole in your pocket, I can send you my Amazon wish list if you like. :)
haha well I was just seeing if it would need adjustable control arms for pinion angle or anything like that, now my biggest problem is getting a skid plate that fits my lowered exhaust that the kit required to install

1 - 9 of 9 Posts