Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm coming here because I have no other help so I'm hoping you guys can help me out I have a 17 jku sport and I've done a lot of research and I'm ready to order my lift and everything else, I'm stuck between these 2, I'm definitely going to be running 37s, if you guys can please guide me in which kit I should go with and whichever I go with what addition parts should I add, my jeep will be used for very mild off roading and will be my dd. I will be doing all the work myself except for the gearing so if u guys can give me the run down on exactly what I'll need I would really really appreciate. Like I said early I've been trying to educate myself online but I just need some help right now, basically a one man team. THANK YOU

reason why I'm also considering the mopar lift is because I can get it with my shops discount for about $1800 but if rk is the way to go I wouldn't mind paying the extra

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I will only say this about the Mopar lift...

The Mopar lift comes with fixed length control arms and rubber bushings. The RK lift comes with adjustable length control arms and flexly joints. I personally have worn out just about every manufacturers "flexy" adjustable joints on my TJ, so when I got the JK, I went with fixed length control arms in a Mopar Stage III (3") lift to run 37" tires. I had to hack the rear pinch seams and Rubicon rock rails quite a bit, but I'm thrilled with the results and the Mopar lifts performance and reliability.

IMO for the hard core wheeler needing maximum suspension articulation, those flexy jointed lifts are superior for the most extreme trails, but if you don't wheel hard and are looking for reliability, you already know what I'd recommend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts