·
Grampie
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scoop to Go

Mopar announces new performance, customization initiatives at SEMA show

Mopar officials today announced new products and initiatives offering more
performance and customization for Chrysler Group vehicle owners. The
announcement was made the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA)
show in Las Vegas.

New Mopar equipment includes an S.S.H. (Street Spec HEMI®)
emissions-compliant 5.7-liter HEMI crate engine, new Jeep® performance
parts, 5.7-liter and 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 conversion kits for the Jeep
Wrangler and new Fiat Custom Shop.

Employees may watch the Mopar press conference live from SEMA on personal
computers at 7:40 p.m. Eastern time tonight at Facebook.com/Mopar.
Beginning on Wednesday, video replays of the event will be available for
the next three weeks at
https://www.facebook.com/mopar?v=app_197602066931325.

Enjoy:wavey:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
For other Chrysler trucks, the Hemi is a $3k option at the time of purchase... for jeeps, though? It's probably going to be a $15k to $20k package!

bet?

I hope I'm wrong...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am interested in the rear view camera mentioned and hope it is compatible with the 430N. I have had 6 jeeps, 1 CJ and 5 wranglers, prior to purchasing a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. The 3.6L V6 with 285hp is by far light years ahead of all the other ones I have had when it comes to power. As a daily driver and occasional off-roader I think the engine is great for what you pay for. I just wish for all the money, Jeep would have put a rear view camera in the 430 N package (so my wife can back it up and not hit anything). :whistling:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mopar’s newly created off-road division will announce a new Mopar 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine conversion kit that covers 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $18,599 and the part number is P5156162.

Producing approximately 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque to the rear wheels, the Mopar V-8 conversion kit gives Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts an unprecedented blend of power and capability. The Mopar Wrangler 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 conversion kit will mate to Chrysler Group’s W5A580 five-speed automatic transmission, and eventually to the six-speed manual transmission.

The new 5.7-liter HEMI conversion kit also covers 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers. The MSRP is $15,599 and the part number is P5156213. The engine generates approximately 375 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
yeah what the hell, did they not do any market research? why is it a 20k aftermarket part and not just a factory option? thats the type of shit that will piss off its fanbase

"yeah we have a motor and transmission, and the software and electronics for it to all work. sorry we wont install it for you. have fun!"

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I mean its obviously just rebranded AEV parts, but still. Thats maddening. Just look at the above link; a crate 5.7 is only 9k. that means the 16k is 7k worth of brackets and electronics. what the **** jeep

·
Registered
372 Posts
Why oh why can't they just start a "how we are supposed to build a jeep" initiative. I don't know, maybe put a small v8 or diesel in the wrangler or how about some storage options. I know, let's start small. How about a tire carrier that is rated to carry the spare tire that comes on the jeep.
Sorry for the rant, it just aggravates me to see them come up with all of these great aftermarket add on ideas, but can't even take care of the most basic stock requests. I live my jeep, but it has soooo many obvious shortcomings that could be easily remedied.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mopar’s newly created off-road division will announce a new Mopar 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 engine conversion kit that covers 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers. The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $18,599 and the part number is P5156162.

Producing approximately 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque to the rear wheels, the Mopar V-8 conversion kit gives Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts an unprecedented blend of power and capability. The Mopar Wrangler 6.4-liter HEMI V-8 conversion kit will mate to Chrysler Group’s W5A580 five-speed automatic transmission, and eventually to the six-speed manual transmission.

The new 5.7-liter HEMI conversion kit also covers 2007 through 2011 model-year Jeep Wranglers. The MSRP is $15,599 and the part number is P5156213. The engine generates approximately 375 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque.
output seems similar to the $7K RIPP supercharger. 385hp +whatever trq
I do not see the value of the $16k hemi. If the HEMI was priced like it was in other models it'd be a winner. As it is, there are just better options out there with more on their way. Supercharged RIPP + exhaust and intake seems like it would make more power, cost half as much and weight much less.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Would it be cheaper to buy a Ford Raptor and make it a convertible than add $20,000 to $25,000 (6.4 L kit plus labor) to a Wrangler?

I wonder how much the Ford twin turbo v-6 would cost to put in a wrangler? According to edmunds.com on F-150 specs :

"The available twin-turbo 3.5-liter V6 is rated at 365 hp and 420 lb-ft. A rear-drive F-150 with this engine hit 60 in an impressive 6.5 seconds in Edmunds testing while returning an EPA-estimated 16/22/18. This combination of acceleration and efficiency is unmatched in the truck world."

·
Registered
583 Posts
The Raptor's are more powerful than those specs now.

·
Registered
899 Posts
PS I like my Wrangler stock.

Now when I purchased, had there been a factory installed hemi option for $3,000 (5.7L) to $6,000 (6.4L), I would have went for it.

How about a twin turbo version of the pentastar as a factory option?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Poorly written article that, pre-2012 includes the transmission, 2012+ uses the existing transmission, cutting the price and install time drastically.

·
Registered
710 Posts
jeeperz creeperz said:
ps i like my wrangler stock.

Now when i purchased, had there been a factory installed hemi option for $3,000 (5.7l) to $6,000 (6.4l), i would have went for it.

How about a twin turbo version of the pentastar as a factory option?
x2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts