Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the Mopar Big brake kit on my JKU today and while bleeding the brakes the rear port on the master cylinder to the HCU started leaking. I retightened to no avail. I took it apart and looked to see it the flare was cracked and it looked good. Reinstalled.. Still leaks.. Reflared.. Still leaks.. Sat down drank two drinks.. Still leaks.. So Tomorrow I'm going to order a new line and see if that fixes it. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm debating on getting a new master cylinder while I'm at it. Open to suggestions...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Are the JK flares double, bubble or something else? Sometimes I've had to file the inside of the brake line if there is a seam. I'd replace the brake line too, but clean the master and check very carefully for cracks in the cylinder body. Sometimes tightening the line will crack the aluminum.
Finally, is the master for the JK8 kit not unique? It's special order / big backorder as far as I know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts