Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. Does anybody use a Mopar Cab Cover when the Jeep is parked overnight? I'm thinking of buying one to prevent the windows freezing saving the need to defrost them before driving to work. Also, in heavy downpours, this will reduce the risk of the roof leaking.

Is the Cab Cover suitable for this purpose?

·
Administrator
30,780 Posts
I have both the trail cover (for doorless season) and the cab cover for my TJ and yes, when my daughter beats me to the garage, I just throw the cab cover on it to protect it from frost. It works very well for that purpose.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
So........ the cab cover fits over the tops???? Very interesting, I had no idea... :)

·
Administrator
30,780 Posts
That's the best thing about them. If you use them with the top down, there is a giant dip in the back over the tub that can collect a ton of water. If you are running with just the windows out you can still cover it and protect it from rain or as stated above protect it from frost and snow (rarity here) in the winter.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies Ladies. I'll get myself one ordered, snow is on its way next week apparantly.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I love how they let us know which ones Black and which ones silver haha

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love how they let us know which ones Black and which ones silver haha
There's one for sale in Ebay from a Mopar dealer. It has a disclaimer saying 'Remove before driving'. :rofl:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
This thread read my mind, but now I'm confused . . . .

So are these things good to toss over your Jeep to keep the rain out when the top is down or not? We don't have a garage, so I always put up my soft top whenever there's a chance of overnight rain.

I was hoping a cover like this would let me leave the top down for weeks at a time during warm weather. Yes/no?? :confused:

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Yes, MTH that is what they're made for.... :)

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Thanks Inferno. That's what I thought and I assumed it would work just fine, but then I saw this:

If you use them with the top down, there is a giant dip in the back over the tub that can collect a ton of water.
Unless the fabric is exceptionally water resistant, giant pools seem like recipes for long, steady drips into the cabin during an overnight rain. It makes me wonder if maybe the design/advertising doesn't actually accomplish the purpose.

If this is an issue, I suppose you could prop up the dips with arched rails or some such thing, but at a certain point you're not saving time anymore and you might as well just put the darn top up.

Has anybody actually used these tops during heavy rains that cares to offer any insight?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bazzer said:
There's one for sale in Ebay from a Mopar dealer. It has a disclaimer saying 'Remove before driving'. :rofl:
Oh my...what is this world coming to!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts